Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Rex Delta striker fired

I got one coming now , I will beat the piss out of it and let you know what I think about , then I will tear it down and coat so I know if there will be any issues with coating one. The trigger is supposed to be 5 lbs out of the box with a short rest-we will see about that.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Rex Delta striker fired

looking forward to the review

(Northampton County)

Pistol just arrived, grip seemed a little small for me and I have small hands. Trigger pull a little over 5 lbs out of the box ,really crisp breaks clean ,very short reset.. Very thin look and feel, I have several Glocks and a poly 80 version and a Grand Power Q1S striker pistol to compare it to for grips size. Smaller qrip size than all my Glocks, better texturing as well, smaller than my Q1S too, better grip feel over the Q1S as well. However the grip was too small and was causing me issues in properly pulling the trigger. I swapped out the grip sizes till I got to the largest and that is going to wok perfect for me. So I have small hands and the largest grip is the one that will work for me best. If you have large hands this pistol may not work for you, however trigger is easy to reach ,should work well for females and males with small to average hand size. However I won't get to shoot this one, I had a customer come by last Tuesday and he saw my order paperwork laying there and immediately inquired if it was for sale. This one is now his so I may have to swap that grip size back and I will have too wait till the second get here in a few more days to shoot one. Last this pistol is very light , that suits me just fine! Very nice handgun overall just need to shoot it. I diid take so quick photos ,I will be back to post them.

(Northampton County)

I took some more photos this morning with my poly 80 19 and my daily carry the Q1S. The Arex Rex Delta has the smallest and thinnest grip of the three even with the largest back strap in place, my Q1S comes in second on the small grip and the poly 80 G19 has the largest grip. I like the grip feel on all three. The Rex is the thinner one of the three ,but not by much, weighs a little less than the the G19 and Q1S Grand Power. The Rex with the 17 round mag is just a bit taller than the G19 with the 15 round mag ,add a plus 2 mag extension and the Glock would be taller. The Q1S only has 12 round mags ,so 13 with one in the chamber ,loses the mag capacity war. When I train with it I always take my 16 round Q100 mags ,they work fine ,but hang out. Of course with Glock you could go all the way to 33 rounds ,but have you ever seen some one carrying a G19 with a 33 rounder sticking out. I would say the G19 and the Rex are about equal in the Mag capacity. I think that even after I shoot the Rex my Q1S will win in the Factory trigger dept. and recoil management dept. with it's rotating barrel system. I also think that I need to weigh all three , so I think it's time to investing a small postal weight scale. I really wish that I could just run to the range and shoot this one now. I am dying to see how it works with an actual round in the chamber. I have seen enough of youtube shooing videos with the Rex to see that they shoot pretty flat and handle carry ammo, but I like to conduct my own testing.,photos coming soon.

(Northampton County)

Got my shipping update the second one arrives on The 31st of May, my postol scale is on the way too. I am really interested in what all three weigh when fully loaded then it will be off to the range for some shooting.

(Northampton County)

The second pistol arrived last night. I already have the mags loaded for the first range trip which will be tonight or tomorrow afternoon. That will be determined by how much work I get caught up on today! When i't humid and raining it's just not a good time to prep metal for refinishing. However my scale came in Tuesday so I got to weigh the Grand Power Q1S, my 80% poly custom G19 and yesterday the Arex Rex Delta loaded and unloaded. The Q1S GP pistol lost the weight battle and it only has a 13 round capacity and it is a top heavy pistol. Q1S weighs 1 lb 7.3 oz. unloaded and 1 lb 15.5 oz. fully loaded. The G19 Poly 80 weighs 1 lb 5.6 oz. unloaded and 1 lb 13.7 oz loaded capacity 16 rounds. The Rex Delta wins the weight war coming in at 1lb 5.7 oz unloaded and 1 lb 13.0 oz. loaded .7 oz. less than the glock tha'ts not much with the 15 round mag, total capacity 16 rounds. Now with the 17 round mag installed and loaded for a 18 round total capacity it weighs 1lb 14.1 oz. which is. lighter than the Q1S GP pistol by more than 1 oz.and just a bit heavier than the glock by .4 oz. but you gain 2 rounds over the Glock and 5 over the Gp pistol. Next the mag release is ambi on the Arex and easier to use beating the Glock and the Grand Power. Triggers, I won't know that till I shoot it against the other two pistols, I can speculate based on dry firing. The Rex Delta has a better feel dry firing than my Glock, however it won't beat the Grand Power. GP has the best factory striker fired system currently out there ,clean crisp break at 4.1 lbs from the factory. Overall I think that I will really like this Rex Delta if it shoots well and has no function issues. I don't see any problems in getting a front night sight for this pistol, unlike my GP pistols which are hard to get after market parts for. Now the Glock ,well there is no limit when it comes to sights and parts which is why I own some Glocks. I will report back and get some photos up after shooting the Rex.

(Northampton County)

I have shot it now and overall out of the box I am not impressed with the factory trigger. Now I thought I put the largest back strap on ,but I did not, so I just swapped the largest strap on to it now. I could not pull the trigger how i would normally would on my other handguns. I shot 100 rounds mixed ammo ,all shots were on paper, it was combat effective and had zero malfunctions. I will be back at the range tomorrow and I will put another 100 through it. I still like the grip and the weight, but I don't think that this one ever match up well with my two Q series striker fired Grand Power pistols when it comes to a great factory trigger system right out of the box. I will not pass judgement on this gun just yet , I will put at least 1000 rounds through first and see if it smoothes out some.At this point if someone asked me about a cheap reliable handgun for carry in a G19 sized handgun I would tell them to get the Canik TP9 Elite for $299.00 trigger is very nice out of the box and right now the price is dirt cheap. This Rex cost me just under $400, my GP Q1S cost me $440.00, custom Poly 80 G19 about $650. Only time will tell on this Rex Delta. I will shoot and keep telling you what I think. Online reviewers have not had much negative to say about the REX, you know the paid guys ,which is why I do my own testing and let you know what I think. So I will have to spend more time with this one. It weighs less, handles well , zero malfunction so far, but I hate trigger,that sums it up for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have shot it now and overall out of the box I am not impressed with the factory trigger. Now I thought I put the largest back strap on ,but I did not, so I just swapped the largest strap on to it now. I could not pull the trigger how i would normally would on my other handguns. I shot 100 rounds mixed ammo ,all shots were on paper, it was combat effective and had zero malfunctions. I will be back at the range tomorrow and I will put another 100 through it. I still like the grip and the weight, but I don't think that this one ever match up well with my two Q series striker fired Grand Power pistols when it comes to a great factory trigger system right out of the box. I will not pass judgement on this gun just yet , I will put at least 1000 rounds through first and see if it smoothes out some.At this point if someone asked me about a cheap reliable handgun for carry in a G19 sized handgun I would tell them to get the Canik TP9 Elite for $299.00 trigger is very nice out of the box and right now the price is dirt cheap. This Rex cost me just under $400, my GP Q1S cost me $440.00, custom Poly 80 G19 about $650. Only time will tell on this Rex Delta. I will shoot and keep telling you what I think. Online reviewers have not had much negative to say about the REX, you know the paid guys ,which is why I do my own testing and let you know what I think. So I will have to spend more time with this one. It weighs less, handles well , zero malfunction so far, but I hate trigger,that sums it up for now.

Yeah I personally stopped getting excited for striker fired polymer pistols after the CZ P10 was released. I use a Gen 4 G17 for HD and competition use and carry a Glock 42 95% of the time that being said I am not married to that platform but at the same time I haven't owned or come across any similar pistol that was so amazing that it would take me away from my Glock investment. Better triggers in some of them but in over all real world use and defensive training there is little to no noticeable difference on paper unless you have the NY triggers. Ergonomics are relative to the shooter and I think a bit over blown by the gun community simply because there are so many choices on the market. If you know how to hold and shoot a pistol your skills will transfer from one pistol to another without diminishing. For polymer pistols I personally LOVE the feel of the M&P especially the 2.0 but when shooting it I didn't see any improvement in accuracy or handling to warrant switching away from Glocks. At one time I did carry a S&W Shield for awhile then my wife applied for her LTCF and liberated it from me. I replaced it with a lightly used 43 for a hell of a price off another board member and after much use the Shield is the over all better pistol but not by all that much.

I do complete agree with your budget pic's for compact size recommendations the TP9 is an excellent pistol and now they have the ONE line which is the same gun without all the extras and one mag. I think they are coming in below $300.00 which is great. I have a SFX that I purchased about 16 months back and like it a lot but haven't been able to really put it through it's paces. I would also recommend the CZ P10C which can be had for $350.00 brand new if you look hard enough. For a small easier carry gun I wouldn't have an issue recommending the Taurus G2C it's been around for awhile now and has proven itself to be very reliable and shootable at the $200.00 mark.

Where do you shoot?

(Northampton County)

Yeah it was a letdown compared to the Rex Sig clones which are really nice shooters, I will also most likely get a Rex Alpha hammer fired pistol for my collection ,out of the box hammer is really nice. striker fired handguns foe me they usually do'nt measure up when it comes to the trigger system. I really liked the Archon ,but the company is headed in the same direction as the Hudson pistol down the tubes.