To site admins, et al.:

I suspect this may have been discussed before, but couldn't find it, and in any case, felt compelled to bring it up again...

Is there any chance we could get the forum upgraded to use SSL/TLS / HTTPS? I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, and I am appreciative of this forum and its proprietors, but it's 2019 so we need to be honest about the implications:

Continuing to use unencrypted HTTP exposes everything that everyone ever does on this site to anyone who can capture network traffic. This potentially includes multiple ISPs, your employer, your neighbors, your cellular provider, your favorite coffee shop, other third party companies, government, etc. -- you can use your imagination for the rest.

Certificates are free from https://letsencrypt.org/ , so I can't really think of an excuse for not upgrading. I know this requires effort, but the cost of doing nothing could be worse as it could lead to a compromise of personal information, identity theft, loss of access, etc.

I think this is pretty important. I mean, I realize it's a forum, so most actions are going to be public anyway, but people do sometimes send PMs and do have to log in. HTTP only for these actions is inherently insecure. At this point, doing nothing unnecessarily puts everyone at risk.

pafoa certainly isn't the only offender; it seems like a common theme among pro-gun organizations. They invariably all seem to have weak web security, stemming primarily from no HTTPS. We can't afford to become a target for identity theft.

Please consider taking action to adopt HTTPS by obtaining an SSL/TLS certificate. It isn't that difficult, and can be done for free, after all.

Again, I am very appreciative of this site and its owners, moderators, etc. but I am concerned.

Thanks for your consideration!