Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Class Action Certified Against Monroe County Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    From the PSP and how does that work with states that don't issue a permit or license? What is the letter of the law regarding nonresident licenses in Pa.

"Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff’s office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury."
    It works exactly as explained above. If the non-resident's home state does not issue a permit or license, then there is no requirement to have one to obtain a PA LTCF.

However, since July 2013, when IL legalized concealed carry, there are no longer any states that are "no-issue".
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Ken Morris said he will follow the letter of the law. He's more than willing to answer question and FB private messages. For me he gets my vote, I can't vote for a Democrat

(Monroe County)

From Efrain Madera, apparently he thinks Todd is ethical.

"I would continue to provide Sheriff Todd Martin’s ethical and professional service with integrity and respect."

(Berks County)

One might want to ask Madera if that ethical and professional service includes the violation of LTCF applicants’ rights, as reflected in the recent Class Certification Notices in the Pocono Record.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    One might want to ask Madera if that ethical and professional service includes the violation of LTCF applicants’ rights, as reflected in the recent Class Certification Notices in the Pocono Record.
    I gave him the link to your blog about the case, still waiting for a reply about that.

His response about Non-res is this.

"The application does have a out of state licensing section. I originally recieved that license when I first moved up here. It requires you already have a license from your state. I am pro 2nd amendment."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    I gave him the link to your blog about the case, still waiting for a reply about that.

His response about Non-res is this.

"The application does have a out of state licensing section. I originally recieved that license when I first moved up here. It requires you already have a license from your state. I am pro 2nd amendment."
    This is from the PSP web site.
    "Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff’s office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury."

(Monroe County)

HARRISBURG – Attorney General Josh Shapiro today announced his office has completed an exhaustive review of concealed carry reciprocity agreements with all 49 other states, as required under Pennsylvania law. The purpose of the review is to ensure consistency in how concealed carry licenses are enforced in Pennsylvania, and to aid law enforcement in doing its job to protect the public.

Under Pennsylvania law, in order to obtain a concealed carry license, individuals must:

Be 21 years or older.
    Be a Pennsylvania resident or have a resident license from their state.
    Apply at your local sheriff’s office or, in Philadelphia, at the Police Commissioner’s office.
    Pass a background check that includes an investigation by a local sheriff, a Pennsylvania State Police background check and a federal background check run through the state police.
    The Uniform Firearms Act has named a number of disqualifiers to ensure the safety of all Pennsylvanians that include:

Criminal conviction for murder, rape, assault, stalking, robbery or drugs.
    Mental health commitment.
    A protection from abuse (PFA) order implicating firearms.
    Domestic violence history.
    Three DUI offenses within five years.
    Illegal alien status (as defined in the statute).
    Dishonorable discharge from the military.
    Fugitive status.
    Or a dangerous character or reputation.

(Monroe County)

This is from the PSP web site.
    But when you have a Sheriff that liked to make up his own rules, like requiring your DD214 if you're retired Military or you tax returns if your just a retiree, these rules don't apply.

Morris plans on continuing everything Todd had in place including NOT issuing non-res licenses. Madera (R) who we spoke to yesterday has said that he will comply with State regs and will issue to non-res and won't ask for the extra stuff Martin was/is.

Ask Martin who he backs as next Sheriff, you might be surprised.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    But when you have a Sheriff that liked to make up his own rules, like requiring your DD214 if you're retired Military or you tax returns if your just a retiree, these rules don't apply.

Morris plans on continuing everything Todd had in place including NOT issuing non-res licenses. Madera (R) who we spoke to yesterday has said that he will comply with State regs and will issue to non-res and won't ask for the extra stuff Martin was/is.

Ask Martin who he backs as next Sheriff, you might be surprised.
    So you spoke to Madera but not Morris because to say he's going to continue the outgoing sheriffs ways is utter nonsense. I gave you contact info and he answers FB messages.

From Madera;
    "I would continue to provide Sheriff Todd Martin’s ethical and professional service with integrity and respect."
    Last edited by Exbiker; May 16th, 2019 at 04:01 PM.

(Monroe County)

So you spoke to Madera but not Morris because to say he's going to continue the outgoing sheriffs ways is utter nonsense. I gave you contact info and he answers FB messages.

From Madera;
    We already knew Morris' responses. We didn't Madera's that's why we contacted him. Morris has stated that he's going to leave everything as is and not update anything.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast