Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Class Action Certified Against Monroe County Sheriff

Sorry hard for me to vote for a transplant. Haven't read much about Rogan and am waiting for a response from Morris. Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Sorry hard for me to vote for a transplant. Haven't read much about Rogan and am waiting for a response from Morris. Hope
    I here what your saying but a lot of us came here to escape the over reach of the government. Many of us still need to work or feel compelled to serve the community the right way.

I don’t know Efron or the other two candidates but I have to pick one and I can only judge them based on what they say and their past experience.

I personally have family in Long Island who are staunch republicans and heavy supporters of the 2A. Why do they stay? Well it’s where all their history is and they aren’t willing to cut and run.

(Monroe County)

Rogan is a Democrat.

(Monroe County)

This is the answer I got from Morris.

"Absolutely! I will follow the laws as written. Being a marine veteran I am a huge advocate for the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. I am actually looking into 1 day license to carry (just need to check with our office attorney). I think that will save you (the resident)time and the county money on paper. I am happy to answer anymore of your questions. Please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to call me if you would like to speak in person. All I ask is that you text me before you do so I answer the phone lol. I get a lot of spam calls from insurance companies etc... (570) 234 6535"

He'll probably get my vote and since he's already been through training and the academy taxpayers will save money.

(Monroe County)

This is the answer I got from Morris.

"Absolutely! I will follow the laws as written. Being a marine veteran I am a huge advocate for the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. I am actually looking into 1 day license to carry (just need to check with our office attorney). I think that will save you (the resident)time and the county money on paper. I am happy to answer anymore of your questions. Please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to call me if you would like to speak in person. All I ask is that you text me before you do so I answer the phone lol. I get a lot of spam calls from insurance companies etc... (570) 234 6535"

He'll probably get my vote and since he's already been through training and the academy taxpayers will save money.
    Curious about his opinion on Non-resident licenses since Todd refuses to issue them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Curious about his opinion on Non-resident licenses since Todd refuses to issue them.
    Call and ask him. What does state law say, I never looked into it since I'm from Pa.

(Franklin County)

Call and ask him. What does state law say, I never looked into it since I'm from Pa.
    State law is "shall issue" regardless of residence.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    State law is "shall issue" regardless of residence.
    From the PSP and how does that work with states that don't issue a permit or license? What is the letter of the law regarding nonresident licenses in Pa.

"Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff’s office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury."

(Monroe County)

And yet Sheriff Martin refused to issue any non-resident licenses because he said he couldn't conduct a proper background check on them. So I'm curious if they guy that Todd has been grooming for the job will continue that same practice.

I asked Efrain and he said he will issue them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    And yet Sheriff Martin refused to issue any non-resident licenses because he said he couldn't conduct a proper background check on them. So I'm curious if they guy that Todd has been grooming for the job will continue that same practice.

I asked Efrain and he said he will issue them.
    That's good to hear.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast