Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Class Action Certified Against Monroe County Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    We already knew Morris' responses. We didn't Madera's that's why we contacted him. Morris has stated that he's going to leave everything as is and not update anything.
    From Morris:
    "Absolutely! I will follow the laws as written. Being a marine veteran I am a huge advocate for the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. I am actually looking into 1 day license to carry (just need to check with our office attorney). I think that will save you (the resident)time and the county money on paper. I am happy to answer anymore of your questions. Please don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to call me if you would like to speak in person. All I ask is that you text me before you do so I answer the phone lol. I get a lot of spam calls from insurance companies etc... (570) 234 6535"

"First, I just want to point out, that I was not "groomed" by the current Sheriff lol. Him and I have had disagreements, but hes the Sheriff and I have to follow his rules."

"As a Marine and US CITIZEN I believe in our constitution. I believe if all law abiding residents carried concealed, then we would probably have a lower crime rate in the community. Also I would like to point out that I would be for taking away the permit completely so everyone would just carry concealed. I would just have to re-train my deputies on treating every traffic stop and personal encounter as if they would have a gun on their person. The way it is now, most of the ppl we encounter on traffic let us know they have a permit and have a weapon in the vehicle."

This past Friday I dropped by to see a friend who happens to be in the class III firearm business, as I pulled into his driveway I noticed he had a few very large signs for Effron Madera on his lawn. I asked him why he supports him and it turns out he personally knows Madera very well and told me there are zero doubts regarding Madera's support for gun owners, our right to bear arms of all kinds which includes issuing out of state carry permits per the current state law. They have known each other for several years now and are more then just casual acquaintances. He stated if Effron gives you his word then it's truth plain and simple.

My friend said that Effron knows he has a bigger hurdle to overcome with being a non native and understands why due to all the transplants who have come to our area specifically bringing their bull shit attitudes, political beliefs, and in some cases crime with them. Specific Crime and the criminals that commit it which he has 1st hand dealing with for 21 years in one of the hardest prisons on the east cost.

He did tell me some other things about his character that I wont divulge at this time or until my friend gives me permission. I sent him an e-mail and am waiting to hear back if he is okay with me sharing anything more then I already have. Don't worry it's good stuff and just gives him a stronger conservative and moral character, at least in my eyes.

Did he say he would continue to do the fine job the current Sheriff has done in one of the above statements? Sure, but I also don't see where Morris has come out and said specifically what he is going to change and exactly where Sheriff Martin is dead wrong on either, Why? Well most likely because that's not how the game is played around here until the elections are won.

I am not putting either of the two down or up on a pedestal as I do not personally know more then I have read here, on facebook or have been told by others. I do not feel that either one is going to destroy our rights, make the process any harder then it was in the past or fail to do their duties as the Sheriff. I shared this because the more information we have the better and the fact that my friend who was born, lived and worked in this area his entire life and bleeds the 2nd amendment through and through endorses him that is pretty big for me.

Get out and vote your conscious based on the facts that we have regarding the characters of the men running and that's all you can do.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 20th, 2019 at 11:10 AM.

(Bucks County)

Sent your post to friends in Kunkletown.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread I am not sure but for what it's worth the FOAC is endorsing Efrain Madera.

(Bucks County)

To me, worth a lot. Kim and staff are first-class researchers in my book.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Monroe County)

Got my reparations check from the doe v monroe county settlement administrator today. $201.68. Wow!

can't wait to get mine. help with holiday bills.
    from my left pocket into the taxes back out into my right pocket.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Both my wife and I received checks, I originally thought it was a scam. Normally I would say ammo money but with prices and scarcity I think a new clothes dryer will be the target.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Both my wife and I received checks, I originally thought it was a scam. Normally I would say ammo money but with prices and scarcity I think a new clothes dryer will be the target.
    I just replaced my washing machine after 26.5 years. The dryer is still going.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    We got a set of checks today as well. I guess it’s just some of my local tax money back. Let’s hope the new sheriff does a better job.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast