Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
We are vacationing at lake Erie in Ohio. I have looked online regarding carry laws and had a few questions:

#1--is duty to inform only when in a motor vehicle or any time you encounter an officer?

#2-- are no weapons signs enforceable by law? See conflicting laws if you were "unaware" of the sign but are cooperative.

#3--- I can't have a glass of wine while Carrying in a restaurant?
I am also a PA resident who goes to Ohio up along Lake Erie. As a practical matter, I found that Ohio seems to have a lot more places that prohibit firearms on the premises, both by statute and by choice of the owner/occupier of a premises. If you go to church in Ohio, you're a sitting duck unless you have permission from the minister to carry a firearm in the church. In Ohio, forget about having a beer in the American Legion or VFW if you are carrying a firearm. As far as owner/occupier policy, it seems like I run into a lot more private establishments in Ohio compared to PA that post against carrying a firearm on the premises. So unless you are very familiar with the business establishments where you are in Ohio, your chances of running into a establishment that bans firearms is rather high. Just last week my brother and I went to a junk yard in Ohio and there was a big sign that stated that firearms were prohibited, so I had to walk all the way back to the car on bad knees to put my carry vest in the trunk of the car so I wouldn't be violating the law. Good thing I did because there was a Cleveland cop in the building.