Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Vortex Diamondback 6-24 FFP takes a crap

Lifetime unlimited warranty, no receipt needed, transferable. Cost $37.50 to UPS it. That's close to 10% of the cost of the scope, which was $499 reduced to $399 which is another thing...bought it from Midway thinking it was a deal, turned out virtually every vendor was doing the 499 to 399 thing. That's not a sale, it's a scam any carnie would admire.

Bottom of the scope's turret says Vortex Optics USA, model and serial number. Sound like made in USA? Well, back on the underside of the adjustable end is a small sticker reading Made in China. A sticker! Easily removed.

Loved the scope. Here's hoping the replacement holds up (to a 6.5 Creedmoor T/C Compass) better than this one. Not a good feeling, thinking these scopes may have a weakness that can fail at any time.

The failure- Reticle came loose. I was getting strange impacts on the target yesterday. Confirmed my suspicion by dry firing the rifle and seeing the reticle jump to a new position.

Here's hoping....
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Vortex Diamondback 6-24 FFP takes a crap

Vortex received last Thursday, said 1-3 weeks to repair plus shipping transit time. Well, got another email on Monday 9/9 saying optic is good to go, and on its way back to me. Pretty fast!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Vortex Diamondback 6-24 FFP takes a crap

Finally got to the range yesterday. Scope is behaving. Gotta say, though, I couldn't believe the condition of the lenses when I got it back. Fingerprints, traces of some kind of whitish goo. Made a mixture of water and 70% isopropyl alcohol applied with fresh cotton and managed to clean them.