Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Anybody like Browning?

Anybody like Browning, or are they overrated? I used to be a Remington fan, key words "used to" back when they did make really high quality guns, but their products have really gone downhill in recent years so I don't buy guns from them anymore. I do know Browning was a high quality gun company and I wonder if they still are. Their break open shotguns are particularly beautiful but Im also wondering about their pump actions and auto loaders. So anybody have experience with Browning? How are their recent products? Im thinking of investing in a Browning shotgun and Im considering switching from Remington to Browning as my long gun company of choice.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anybody like Browning?

I have not owned or shot one myself, but the friends I shoot with use them (namely, the Citori), and they're very good guns. They're usually made in Japan by Miroku.

As far as pumps go, and I will admit to being biased here, if you want a quality gun, take a look at Ithaca. And be prepared to pay.

(Chester County)

Where do I start?

I own a Browning B325 Sporting 12ga 28", 725 Sporting 12ga 32", Cynergy CX 12ga, 32", and a Cynergy Euro Sporting II 28ga, 30".

I LOVE their shotguns. I've owned or shot Ceasar Geurini's, Blasers, Berettas, etc. and my Brownings all seem to be a much better fit for me. Additionally, the CG's and Blaser's all kicked pretty heavily compared.

That being said, you need to try on any gun you want to buy BEFORE purchase. A family member bought a CG Summit Sporting (for a pretty penny) without ever trying it to find out it gave him black eyes to shoot due to poor fitment with his body. That's an expensive lesson to learn.

You're welcome to try any of mine if your in the Oxford area.

PS> Remington blows now. My BRAND NEW 870 police has rusted already after 3 months of hard use perched beside my bed....
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Bucks County)

I've had a BPS since 1985. It's had hundreds of 3" magnum shells, and I couldn't guess how many thousands of trap loads through it.

Every now and then I have to check to make sure the choke tube didn't loosen up, and I wore the gold off the trigger. That's about it.

Got one for the Mrs a few years ago. Sportsman's Guide had one for $375, and Browning had a $100 rebate.

I should have bought ten of them.

(Chester County)

Beretta, Benelli, and Browning. The three B's of shotguns. They are good to go.

The citori's are really nice guns. I'm partial to Beretta myself, but that's just personal preference. I have a Browning Gold semi that I bought 10ish years ago. My only complaint is that it doesn't pattern steel shot particularly well. I've had some trouble with target loads jamming years ago, but I think that was an ammo issue not a gun issue. My only other complaint is that it's heavy, but it's a duck gun so... I've never owned a BPS but the ones that I've handled seem very well made. I'm partial to the bottom eject pumps for some reason.

Angry Re: Anybody like Browning?

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    I have not owned or shot one myself, but the friends I shoot with use them (namely, the Citori), and they're very good guns. They're usually made in Japan by Miroku.

As far as pumps go, and I will admit to being biased here, if you want a quality gun, take a look at Ithaca. And be prepared to pay.
    Yep. Many Browning , Weatherby and Winchester shotguns are/were made by Miroku and rifles were made by Howa in Japan.

Now don't get me wrong , because they are beautifully made firearms. But to buy guns from Japan at they same time they vilify the ''violent , murderous American gun culture'' and lobby for stricter worldwide gun laws to be like theirs , just makes my blood boil.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    PS> Remington blows now. My BRAND NEW 870 police has rusted already after 3 months of hard use perched beside my bed....
    That's what happens when you buy a brand new Remington TODAY.

Had you got your Remington 20 years ago you would've gotten a really good gun.

If you ask me, Remington is the Ford of firearms.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Yes I also want to get a Benelli, a tactical M4 to be exact. Those have a high price tag. As for the Browning, I want to get a pump action 10 gauge.

Guns are one of those things I break the bank on. I compensate for that by not driving a super expensive car and not wearing super expensive clothes.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    This pretty much sums it up. For over/unders, I like the Browning Citoris. For the money I don’t think you could get a nicer gun. Beretta would be my second choice but none of the sub-$2000 Berettas fit me as nice as the Browning.

If it’s an autoloader you seek, Benelli is the only way to go(in my opinion). I’ve shot everything from the basic M2 to the Performance Shop Super Sport.

The important question is what are you looking to do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast