Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Anybody like Browning?

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    The important question is what are you looking to do?
    For the Browning I want a very powerful shotgun that can take down large game, that's why Im looking to get a BPS 10 Gauge Stalker that can fire the 3 1/2 inch shells. At $800 that is not a bad price tag, in my opinion, for such a gun. For the Benelli I want a good tactical shotgun so I am looking to get an M4. That one will be more expensive but I compensate for that by cutting back in other stuff in life. I would rather have expensive guns and an inexpensive car than vice versa.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    For the Browning I want a very powerful shotgun that can take down large game, that's why Im looking to get a BPS 10 Gauge Stalker that can fire the 3 1/2 inch shells. At $800 that is not a bad price tag, in my opinion, for such a gun. For the Benelli I want a good tactical shotgun so I am looking to get an M4. That one will be more expensive but I compensate for that by cutting back in other stuff in life. I would rather have expensive guns and an inexpensive car than vice versa.
    What is your definition of large game?

Really the only use for 10ga is goose and turkey. And this is coming from a guy with 2 of them.

In a pump, 10ga (and 3.5" 12ga) have a really long stroke.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    What is your definition of large game?

Really the only use for 10ga is goose and turkey. And this is coming from a guy with 2 of them.

In a pump, 10ga (and 3.5" 12ga) have a really long stroke.
    Large game in my definition would be a moose or a large bear, although for such game I would probably at least be using my .375 H&H magnum. Goose and turkey hunting sounds fun so those for me are good reasons for getting a 10ga but mostly I just want a big powerful shotgun because it would be fun to shoot. From what I've heard the idea of having a powerful shotgun with a very tight choke when hunting turkey is to get a good headshot and thus take off the head without destroying the body which you want intact because that's what you eat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12