Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Carry at Penndot

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Concealed from view is quite different & easier than concealed from touch.
    Thanks for that revelation and it's not that hard. You can wear a pistol anywhere. A single stack 9mm shouldn't be felt by a hug unless hands are weirdly low or that hug is really hard.

I can't really argue in terms of hypothetical because there are no facts here. You went from giving me shit about being judgemental and now you're asking "what if somebody hugs him".

As far as worries go, a hugging tattle is at the bottom of the list. Just about that is bears and "sketchy people". I stand with my original point of understanding the consequences of your actions, know what's behind your target and a firearm is a last resort in a series of escalation.

(Erie County)

I want to hear about the sketchy people.

Are they sketchy like the ones portrayed in the movie, Wrong Turn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Franklin County)

GSI2019, your biggest concern should be getting ran over.
    I worked for PennDot for a year and did more than my share of flagging. I'll start off saying, my hat's off to you, flagging is the worst of the worst as far as jobs go. I hated every minute of it, and it's why I didn't pursue a career with PennDot.
    You're right, there are some sketchy people out there but the really scary thing is how many people can't see three warning signs and a person dressed in safety orange (or yellow) waving a big red stop sign at them.
    My advice, as someone who's worked for PennDoT, Don't carry on the job.
    While your coworkers, for the most part, are conservative pro 2A people, the organization is not, if found out you will probably be blacklisted and won't be hired back ever. I think the need to carry is fairly low, I never had anyone get in my face or act the least bit like they wanted to get physical. Sure, lots of people get angry and obnoxious, name calling, yelling etc. but nothing that ever made me feel like I was going to have to defend myself. I usually let them vent a little and then point to my foreman and say "there's the guy you need to talk to". We had really good support from the law enforcement in the area, if we had a problem and called for help they were there in no time and backed us 100%.
    My biggest safety concerns by far was with poor drivers and dogs. In my experience, after you smack a dog in the head a couple of times with a stop sign or jab them with the pole, they leave you alone.
    The Hostler

If mine gets felt in a hug, she's grabbing my butt...and I'll be the one with a complaint to file.

Who hugs their coworkers?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Who hugs their coworkers?
    I do.

It's mutual and explicitly cleared with HR so nobody can claim they saw something inappropriate. All that said:

The one I hug the most (who gives me a kiss on the cheek on her way out each day) knows I'm carrying so her eyes don't go wide in view of others should she feel it.

(Huntingdon County)

Quote Originally Posted by GSI2019 View Post
    I have dealt with alot of creeps and sketchy people while flagging sometimes in remote places in Huntingdon County.
    Just because I'm asking what you have in your pants makes me sketchy? I was clearly talking about your gun...
    Because Failure Is Not An Option

Flagger shoots at vehicle for not slowing down enough while Bear and cubs were crossing roadway ! Really WTF ! Maybe shoot at the tires like the Mall incident ?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I do.

It's mutual and explicitly cleared with HR so nobody can claim they saw something inappropriate. All that said:
    HR cleared you for hugs and kisses??????? Is that under the "Uncle Joe" clause?
    I guess I just can't relate. I've mostly worked in male dominated environments, the closest we got to a hug is the occasional choke hold. The closest thing to a kiss would be a head-but. No sniffing each others bald spots or beards either.
    The Hostler

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234