Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What am I missing here?

It says this guy is being charged with carrying a concealed weapon. Then it says he has a permit. What am I missing? Why is being charged with carrying a concealed weapon?

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...-for-the-other

One arrested after Marathon gas station shootout, police still searching for the other
    REDFORD, Mich. (FOX 2)
    - No one was injured during a shootout at a Redford gas station, however police are still investigating the incident.

With one person in custody, they're asking for help finding the other party involved. Currently held on a $25,000 bond, Yohance Taylor of Dearborn Heights was arraigned Friday on one charge of carrying a concealed weapon.

"He does have his permit, the firearm, he has it registered," said Defense Attorney Richard Glanda, "and he's asserting a self-defense claim your honor. What he tells me, I think it's a very valid defense at this point."

More than a week ago on April 24, Taylor was walking around a Marathon gas station when him and another unidentified man started shooting at each other. Located on Telegraph near Schoolcraft, Glanda said the unidentified man started loading his gun.

"The individual started placing a bullet into his chamber and that's when my client retrieved his firearm," said Glanda.

Prior to the other individual loading his weapon, Taylor's girlfriend said the two had exchanged words.

"He said something to my boyfriend first, he said 'do you have a problem?'" said Kayla Clay-Stubbs. "He was just walking into the gas station."

Clay-Stubbs said Taylor responded "No, do you have a problem?" That's when the man pulled out a gun.

"He cocked it back so Yohance pulled out his gun," she said.

The men exchanged five shots, although no one was hit.

"What could he have done? Be dead or defend himself. Either way, it's just wrong."

Redford police have shared a photo of the man who was also at the gas station, hoping if anyone recognizes him to notify them.

Default Re: What am I missing here?

Found another article that kind of explains it.... still sounds stupid to me.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...at-gas-station

Redford Township police seek shooter after video shows shootout at gas station
    1 person charged

Larry SpruillPosted: 7:19 PM, May 03, 2019
    REDFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Redford Township police released video of a wild shootout in broad daylight at a gas station.

The video shows two men who police are calling suspects.

The second suspect was seen walking in a Marathon gas station parking lot when he fired a gun. Then the first suspect shot back.

It’s only a 10-second clip, but police say because of the video, they have one person in custody.

Yohance Taylor faced a judge Friday. Police say he is the first suspect in the video, but he’s not charged with shooting his gun; he’s charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

“He’s not supposed to have it in the car with him, but he can carry it in the holster. He can walk around with it on his waist in the holster,” Kayla Clay-Stubbs said.

Clay-Stubbs is Taylor’s girlfriend, and she was there the day of the shooting. She said Taylor was defending himself against the other shooter.

“He said something to my boyfriend first. He said, 'Do you have a problem?' He was just walking into the gas station. He pulled out his gun on him, and Yohance then pulled out his gun for self-defense,” she said.

Redford Township police are looking for the second shooter.

Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.

Anyone named Yohance has already committed a crime, as well as his parents. It sounds like he
    Was
    Not able to carry in a vehicle. Probably some stupid law looking to hem up honest gun owners. Other than that it sounds like a self defense case to me. That is of course taking the articles at face value.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

It sounds like there is some confusion in the reporting and/or by the girlfriend.
    Either the guy did not have a LTCF and then illegally vehicle carried and/or carried concealed (they allow unlicensed open carry there).
    Or the guy had a LTCF and the charges are reported wrong or wrongly applied.

There is also some question as to the legality of the shoot based on the video.
    If it was random then the guy under arrest probably did a good shoot, possibly with an illegally carried gun with no LTCF.
    If the two guys had some kind of ongoing beef, which is how the video looks, then it may have been two street thugs shooting it out.
    It's a miracle no innocent bystanders were hit in the busy location.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Franklin County)

Or it could've happened in Michigan where he could have a "purchase license" but not a concealed carry license. That would allow him to purchase and own that gun but not carry it in a vehicle.
    The Hostler

A free man shouldn't have to have a permission slip from mommy govt to go armed.
    That's my take on it.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Erie County)

All the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by fushion View Post
    What a well thought and rational reply. Especially for a first post.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by fushion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    What a well thought and rational reply. Especially for a first post.
    Give him a chance Willie he might be the shy quiet type.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Give him a chance Willie he might be the shy quiet type.
    No disrespect but I doubt it and I ain't clicking on the clickable link in his/her signature.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast