Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ruger Super GP100 in .357 Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    Jeez, that's one ugly revolver.
    Get rid of the cuts in the barrel shroud and make it a 4" barrel, and I think it would be pretty darn nice. The action job (if it's been done right) and the cylinders cut for moonclips are worth the premium once street price is taken into account. But right now, the thing looks like a 5 yr old got a hold of a Dremel and went to town on the barrel.

So close, yet so far away.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Guess New Yawkuhs can have one chamber welded closed.
    Safe act doesn't apply to REVOLVERS!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Get rid of the cuts in the barrel shroud and make it a 4" barrel, and I think it would be pretty darn nice. The action job (if it's been done right) and the cylinders cut for moonclips are worth the premium once street price is taken into account. But right now, the thing looks like a 5 yr old got a hold of a Dremel and went to town on the barrel.

So close, yet so far away.
    The cylinder is just as bizarre/unattractive as the barrel shroud. Check out some of the other pics at the above link for a better look. Its half unfluted and half... I don't even know what to call that, but it's sure ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    The cylinder is just as bizarre/unattractive as the barrel shroud. Check out some of the other pics at the above link for a better look. Its half unfluted and half... I don't even know what to call that, but it's sure ugly.
    It's not pretty, but not as bad as that shroud. I'm guessing it was done to lighten the gun. You could probably replace it with an 8 shot Super Redhawk cylinder. Would just need to refinish it to match.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Yeah, for fuck's sake, who thought any of that was a good idea?
    Ruger designers probably saw all of those Glocks with the cut out slides and figured it was "cool". I don't get those carved up Glock slides either. Why expose the innards of firearm to dust and dirt?

I'm very happy with the original all metal barrels.

Would take the tuned trigger in an instant.

(Philadelphia County)

* cough* TRR8 *cough* R8...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    needs to be available in 9mm
    On that topic, I had my TRR8 cylinder machined to also shoot 9mm and no regrets, it runs amazing and uses 929 moonclips... and no spent casing sticking/ getting stuck when switched back to 357mag... even ran some steel cased 9mm tula in there ok

I think i will wait for the Super Duper GP100 to come out before I jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    * cough* TRR8 *cough* R8...
    Sorry, I won't buy another S&W "Performance Center" gun. I own a 325 Thunder Ranch and while I like the gun, I can't say it's been trouble free. Loose cylinder, light primer strikes, and loose barrel shroud. S&W fixed the cylinder and shroud, I still have light primer strikes with certain ammo. A longer firing pin didn't help much, nor did tightening the strain screw. For what I paid for that gun, it should run like a top. I have had zero issues with my Ruger revolvers, however. And the trigger on my 10mm GP100 is better than the trigger on my "Performance Center" 325TR.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Sorry, I won't buy another S&W "Performance Center" gun. I own a 325 Thunder Ranch and while I like the gun, I can't say it's been trouble free. Loose cylinder, light primer strikes, and loose barrel shroud. S&W fixed the cylinder and shroud, I still have light primer strikes with certain ammo. A longer firing pin didn't help much, nor did tightening the strain screw. For what I paid for that gun, it should run like a top. I have had zero issues with my Ruger revolvers, however. And the trigger on my 10mm GP100 is better than the trigger on my "Performance Center" 325TR.
    I don't think I would buy any factory new S&W revolver at this point. The only factory new revolver that is of ANY interest to me would be a Dan Wesson 715.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast