Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Spring Gobbler Season 2019

Congrats TooBig! Happy to see you've scored your first(of many) gobblers. That's a beautiful Tom and I'm sure you will savor every bite. Go get a turkey fan plaque and a box of Borax and check youtube or vimeo for how to cure a turkey fan, they make a great display along with the beard and spurs.

We heard one gobble this morning, way, way off and as we made our way toward the gobbler, we heard an awful screeching din, that got closer and closer, until a tiny bear cub crossed the path about 40-50 yards infront of us. No sign of mama but that little cub was bawling and sqwalling so we backed out and tried to circle on the gobbler but never heard another peep. Atleast we didn't run into mama bear. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors and those WAWA sandwiches we had for lunch were the best!

(Bucks County)

Congrats TooBig!

(Montgomery County)

Second time out this morning, still nothing!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Second time out this morning, still nothing!
    Maybe you could sweet talk TooBigToFit into bringing his to the rally afterparty.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Congrats TooBig! Happy to see you've scored your first(of many) gobblers. That's a beautiful Tom and I'm sure you will savor every bite. Go get a turkey fan plaque and a box of Borax and check youtube or vimeo for how to cure a turkey fan, they make a great display along with the beard and spurs.

We heard one gobble this morning, way, way off and as we made our way toward the gobbler, we heard an awful screeching din, that got closer and closer, until a tiny bear cub crossed the path about 40-50 yards infront of us. No sign of mama but that little cub was bawling and sqwalling so we backed out and tried to circle on the gobbler but never heard another peep. Atleast we didn't run into mama bear. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors and those WAWA sandwiches we had for lunch were the best!
    Thanks for the tips! I'm going off of an NWTF article on the fan, definitely got some Borax among other things.

Kind of a bit bummed out that the season is over for me already. Can't believe I gotta wait another year till I get out there again.

(Chester County)

The PGC has it set up so that they can filch as much money as possible from avid Spring gobbler hunters. Special Spring gobbler tags are only sold up until about two weeks before the season opens @ $10. A couple of years ago, I got my gobbler on the Spring opener and stopped by Cabelas to buy a 2nd tag. No go. These last 2 years, I've purchased the extra tag while buying all of my other licenses and have not needed it although I've been able to carry my shotgun while guiding friends on hunts due to the extra tag.

(Chester County)

Two days after the Spring Gobbler season close. Only two days in the woods this year, I had other committments. Those two days of gobbler hunting were the best two days of May.

PSA for all Special Spring Turkey Tag holders: You need to report whether or not you filled your special tag or not to the PGC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12