Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Stribog SP9A1 NON-RECIPROCATING CHARGING HANDLE!!

The ONLY thing I could come up with not to buy one of these when they first showed up in my local shops was the reciprocating charging handle. Now they've corrected that. The only way this could be better news is if they did a carbine version of it like they did with the CZ scorpion evo. I'll get one of these and once I know it runs reliably (unlike the Ruger PCC), SBR it. In the meantime, I guess I'll put a brace on it.

https://globalordnance.com/grand-pow...8588005808378/

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Stribog SP9A1 NON-RECIPROCATING CHARGING HANDLE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    The ONLY thing I could come up with not to buy one of these when they first showed up in my local shops was the reciprocating charging handle. Now they've corrected that. The only way this could be better news is if they did a carbine version of it like they did with the CZ scorpion evo. I'll get one of these and once I know it runs reliably (unlike the Ruger PCC), SBR it. In the meantime, I guess I'll put a brace on it.

https://globalordnance.com/grand-pow...8588005808378/
    I was going to jump in when I heard the Gen 2 was coming, but I thought it was going to have the delayed blowback action. Apparently that version is still awaiting atf approval, holding out for it. Might be a few hundo more but I think it'll be well worth it.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Berks County)

I am becoming more and more interested in different 9mm PCC's. Have and EVO and Zenith RS. I think because most anyone, no matter how inexperienced, can handle them, unlike many who struggle with rifle calibers. (Like small stature folks.)

Considering adding a Zenith P and one of these. Hopefully 922r stock kits will be available like for the EVO. But that was like a 2 year wait.

(Northampton County)

For those owning the older Stribog version HB Industries has a bolt upgrade kit coming to convert to a non-reciprocating charging handle coming soon. Also the A# version which is delayed blowback should be out by summer 2020. The Stribog has become my 9 mm favorite pistol with a brace, dead on accurate.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Chester County)

as an ak owner, the reciprocating charging handle doesn't bother me. my real concern with the stribog is mag availability. it looks like another round of stribogs have been imported, but where are the mags?

(Northampton County)

Yes , but on the AK that handle is not forward can whack your hand while shooting if you area not careful. Mags were available on their site the other day, may be sold out. Global Ordnance is selling the new guns with 3 thirty rounders which is an improvement over the original guns which came with 2 twenty rounders. I bought 6 thirty rounders when I got mine over a year ago. I want the carbine version and yes lots more mags. Still love my pistol version though.

That non reciprocating charge handle is already out and some Stribog owners are having issues with fitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    For those owning the older Stribog version HB Industries has a bolt upgrade kit coming to convert to a non-reciprocating charging handle coming soon. Also the A# version which is delayed blowback should be out by summer 2020. The Stribog has become my 9 mm favorite pistol with a brace, dead on accurate.
    I really wanted a Stribog, but I'm holding off until the Glock mag lowers are available...Grand Power said a year out.

The 30rd mags are available through GO for $24.95.

(Chester County)

just got an email, the new non reciprocating SP9A1 Gen2 should be on shelves by the end of the month.

apparently good things come to those who procrastinate.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Summer 2020? Oof. I don't get why the atf approval process needs to be so lengthy for a minor change/upgrade in design. I would think it would go:

Q: is this a machine gun?
    A: No = approved.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Northampton County)

The approval processes do such Atf take their good old time doing these types of things. I have been waiting on some cool Sar guns for two years.