Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Duty to Inform? FOAC Says YES!

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Kim knows there is no duty to inform in the state of Pennsylvania. He probably was thinking of 6122... We all know that you can't lie to a police officer if asked a direct question. You can he haw around and say you don't have anything illegal. But you can't lie... You guys have no idea or can't even comprehend the amount of time that he puts into this issue! We're working on these voters guide and he's constantly being called by legislators about this and about that his phone never fucking Stop's! And everybody wants to jump on and Bash the moment they see a mistake! The man drove 5 hours one way to do that seminar.
    The amount of time invested and/or driving is irrelevant if inaccurate info is the result. Yes, people make mistakes. If that starts to become a distinguishable pattern, then there is certainly cause for concern. At some point, past history is not sufficient to cover ongoing screw-ups - especially in matters where someone's future could be at stake by relying on inaccurate info.

Anyone who has a concern like the one noted here should absolutely be able to share it. Everyone else can then make their own judgement.

Some will never acknowledge FOAC missteps, no matter how high they stack, and will always have an explanation or excuse why each is a totally random isolated incident or misunderstanding that shouldn't be lumped together with any other as a point of reference.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The amount of time invested and/or driving is irrelevant if inaccurate info is the result. Yes, people make mistakes. If that starts to become a distinguishable pattern, then there is certainly cause for concern. At some point, past history is not sufficient to cover ongoing screw-ups - especially in matters where someone's future could be at stake by relying on inaccurate info.

Anyone who has a concern like the one noted here should absolutely be able to share it. Everyone else can then make their own judgement.

Some will never acknowledge FOAC missteps, no matter how high they stack, and will always have an explanation or excuse why each is a totally random isolated incident or misunderstanding that shouldn't be lumped together with any other as a point of reference.
    What missteps might you be referring to? Like I said I wasn't there but he's catching shit for quoting a section of law by mistake. He gave the right answer, as to informing if asked if you have a gun, that's a whole different issue. No there's no requirement. If it was asked as "should you inform if asked by an officer during a stop?" it becomes a matter of opinion. Neither of us know what was said...

(Franklin County)

What missteps might you be referring to? Like I said I wasn't there but he's catching shit for quoting a section of law by mistake. He gave the right answer, as to informing if asked if you have a gun, that's a whole different issue. No there's no requirement. If it was asked as "should you inform if asked by an officer during a stop?" it becomes a matter of opinion. Neither of us know what was said...
    1. Stolfer saying that someone should lose their firearm rights because they disagreed with him on activism tactics (I actually have the recording of him saying this).

2. FOAC board member explicitly stating on FB that long gun OC in relation to Pittsburgh rally was illegal, in direct contradiction of FOAC's own legal counsel.

3. Kim's blundering public comments where he made it sound like the Pittsburgh synagogue attendees were at fault for the incident, because there was no one armed among them. (I personally understand the bigger point, but for someone with his experience, who takes issue with other activists over the 'optics' and PR considerations of their own activities, it was a less than stellar moment).

4. This thread.

It's not any one alone that is a huge issue, but there is certainly a pattern developing over a relatively short time span. It's a concern when it's originating from what has been know as one of the ultimate authorities in the state.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Not all of them; I presented at a local seminar sponsored by Bob Mensch, and didn't catch myself in any errors...

BTW, he's running another one in this area in July, somewhere in upper Bucks, probably.

Maybe FOAC needs better legal advice.

Some threads here on PAFOA start off with bad info, but it seldom remains uncorrected. I'd be interested in seeing a link to a PAFOA thread where bad info remains dominant.

For example, PAFOA never promoted the naive "trusts can make new machineguns" theory. But ARFcom did. Guess who was right.

PAFOA told you in 2006 that local municipalities probably couldn't make gun possession on their property a summary offense, but they probably could post signs as the property owner. Others didn't believe that, they were certain they were right, until the Erie case.

On balance, PAFOA is an outstanding source for accurate legal summaries and analysis of our state and federal gun laws. That's why the PSP refers people here to learn.
    If you can please send me a PM where and when you are presenting i would appreciate it

Thank you

(Clinton County)

Lots of maybes there. So you're there in an open discussion asking questions and you didn't bring this up at the time? What's irritating as hell is people wanted to bash right away without any background into the thinkng of the person they're bashing. You know of all the case he's been involved in where just the mere fact that a person had a license to carry firearms was used as suspicion of having a firearm? What's even more irritating is people insist that they know what the fuck is going on but then when they have the opportunity to sit down and listen to the repercussions of their actions they don't have the fucking balls to do it!
    You really seem wound up. You should read the entire thread again because you can't take the FOAC blinders off for two seconds to think rationally about this.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    If you can please send me a PM where and when you are presenting i would appreciate it

Thank you
    PM? How 'bout a public posting?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The exact date and location hasn't been set yet, but when they do, I expect they'll post it here:

https://www.senatormensch.com/

I was told July, and probably upper Bucks county.

Last time, I was scheduled to present along with the sheriff, but he got sick so I handled the full presentation. I'm not sure who they have in mind other than me for July.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I want to feel special..

(Berks County)

I want to feel special..
    OK, I was thinking you were just selfish.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I want to feel special..
    Don't worry, you're "special" all right.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast