Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Duty to Inform? FOAC Says YES!

This is one of the best sources of accurate info I've seen regardless of topic.

I see some dumb shit posted on other forums - shit that is accepted as fact, and goes unchallenged. Typically on pafoa, incorrect info gets hashed out, and more times than not, the actual law/code is cited as verification.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Franklin County)

Kim has demonstrated on several occasions that he can no longer be relied upon as a source of factual information, particularly when he's worked up emotionally. My gut feeling is that there may be a legitimate mental decline beginning that is likely medically related. It sucks, but we're all headed in that direction.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Medical was my first thought. Kim has been through a lot, from what I understand. I would be very surprised and disappointed though if he didn't realize his error, admit and correct it.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Medical was my first thought. Kim has been through a lot, from what I understand. I would be very surprised and disappointed though if he didn't realize his error, admit and correct it.
    This is what I'm hoping as well. If "shall not be questioned" was the basis for our gun laws there wouldn't be any confusion. Pointing out mistakes as we all wade through the pages of regulations in order to understand it all is something we have to do together.

And for this forum, I agree it is a good way to have discussion about stuff like this and I don't remember ever where bad advise was allowed to stand. There are just too many knowledgeable people who are qualified to make corrections here for that kind of crap to go unnoticed for very long.

I don't want a "bash Kim thread", he just happened to be the one to say it and happens to be the one who should know better. It's hard to argue that he hasn't done great things for this state including drafting the wording of the castle doctrine among other things but he can't be expected to be 100% and lead the organization for the rest of eternity. If his health is a concern than it should be addressed, especially when he has the power to sway decisions that could impact us all.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

I agree that this will not be a "bash Kim" thread. He's done a lot for the cause, he should be judged over his entire career, not nitpicked. Everybody makes a bad call now and then, and health problems take a toll, fighting the Harrisburg corruption takes a toll, being second-guessed by wanna-be's takes a toll. Kim is still putting in the work to do the seminars and fight the good fights.

We don't let bad advice stand. We discourage trolls and those with anger management issues, so we don't welcome "everybody", but anyone who behaves himself gets to stay and opine in a civil manner. It's why no other PA gun forum is even in the same order of magnitude as PAFOA, because it's not some kind of cult. Nobody's required to believe anyone, which is why the text of the laws is pulled into so many discussions. The statutes are King, along with the case law.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Sometimes a focus can create a tunnel vision. There was a discussion at a club recently which focused on SMGs and mentioned was how AR-15s can be made full auto by changing internals. I asked how one can manufacture a machine gun since 1986. He disagreed that the change would amount to manufacturing a machine gun. But the way it went down, it was not stated a succinctly as that.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking, 'you certainly are describing the manufacture of a machine gun, far beyond already ruled-on bumpfire stocks'.

It is difficult to laboriously set all the above into more full context. Bottom line, it was not the main discussion, I knew that he knew better and just wasn't seeing it. I didn't want to detract from his main purpose, so I just dropped it.

This thread illustrates how attaching 20K constantly revised laws to a "constitutionally-protected right" can do more harm than good. Even people who have dedicated themselves to the subject can become confused.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    ...edited for brevity...

This thread illustrates how attaching 20K constantly revised laws to a "constitutionally-protected right" can do more harm than good. Even people who have dedicated themselves to the subject can become confused.
    So true. Would be nice to just go back to the simple test of "...shall not be infringed / questioned". Either the rule in question does or doesn't.

As for being incorrect, we need to understand issues of mental, physical, or emotional illness. I recently suspected and have had a diagnosis that I, too, am suffering memory decline due to health reasons. I am too young and my brain is like 2-3 decades ahead! In any event, I sympathise if someone else is having issues. What gunlawyer said is true, look at someone's complete record and make some allowances, be supportive and understanding if correction is required.

(Lancaster County)

Kim knows there is no duty to inform in the state of Pennsylvania. He probably was thinking of 6122... We all know that you can't lie to a police officer if asked a direct question. You can he haw around and say you don't have anything illegal. But you can't lie... You guys have no idea or can't even comprehend the amount of time that he puts into this issue! We're working on these voters guide and he's constantly being called by legislators about this and about that his phone never fucking Stop's! And everybody wants to jump on and Bash the moment they see a mistake! The man drove 5 hours one way to do that seminar.
    Last edited by LBaker; April 27th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Kim knows there is no duty to inform in the state of Pennsylvania. He probably was thinking of 6122... We all know that you can't lie to a police officer if asked a direct question. You can he haw around and say you don't have anything illegal. But you can't lie... You guys have no idea or can't even comprehend the amount of time that he puts into this issue! We're working on these voters guide and he's constantly being called by legislators about this and about that his phone never fucking Stop's! And everybody wants to jump on and Bash the moment they see a mistake! The man drove 5 hours one way to do that seminar.
    You certainly can lie to the police, just like the police can lie to you.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    You should read the entire thread.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast