Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Maj Toure running for Philly city council

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've been told a lot of smart people are users. I've yet to see any evidence of that. This fellow though would be a marked improvement over the leftist sanctuary city communists that now occupy city hall. At least he can remember what he said 10 minutes ago ... for now.
    …"I've been told a lot of smart people are users..."
    You're backhand is excellent.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    He's pro individual rights and is pro legal weed as well as gun rights. I think it would blow the far leftists minds even more personally.
    Well, can't be right on every issue, but it sounds like he's right on our biggest issue, so good luck to him.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Maj Toure on C-SPAN right now..

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Golf View Post
    Maj Toure on C-SPAN right now..
    I just saw that segment. The man sounds very reasonable ,never heard of him before .

(Butler County)

(Philadelphia County)

He's big on so called criminal justice reform and the legalization of drugs.He almost sounds as if he'd fit right in with Larry Kratzner.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    He's big on so called criminal justice reform and the legalization of drugs.He almost sounds as if he'd fit right in with Larry Kratzner.
    My idea of criminal justice reform would be a path for ex cons to re-normalization. To just open the door and let them out is a single ingredient recipe for disaster. Put them in a home where they can get shower, clean clothes and get a job and pull themselves up by the bootstraps. A last and final way out, fail that and spend life in a jail factory where they pay their way with no burden on society.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Well,aside from all of that there are two sore points about the guy that I don't like...his stance on gun ownership/rights notwithstanding.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Well,aside from all of that there are two sore points about the guy that I don't like...his stance on gun ownership/rights notwithstanding.
    Afaik. He's for legalization of weed, not all drugs. That's probably going to happen eventually no matter who anyone votes for.

As far as criminal justice he's for education and job training for inmates to give them a better chance of success when they get released.

Toure wants education programs in prison so inmates have a better chance at getting a job upon release and a lower chance of becoming a repeat criminal.

“Thousands of people return home from incarceration to their families each year in our city. While an individual is incarcerated, they must actually be working on rehabilitation and restorative justice and we get to ensure that when individuals come home they have a strong likelihood of becoming a contributing member of society,” he said.
    Are you concerned that criminal justice reform policies will lead to more recidivism?

I think that reform policies need to be data driven and measurable. For instance, one community based re-entry program that has had proven results is Prison Entrepreneurship Program. While in the program, participants receive something like an MBA degree. The program works. One-hundred percent of graduates are employed within 90 days of release. The three-year recidivism rate is only 7% compared to the typical 40% rates. We need to incentivize successful models with proven results and end programs and ideas that clearly don’t work. Thousands of people return home from incarceration to their families each year in our city. While an individual is incarcerated, they must actually be working on rehabilitation and restorative justice and we get to ensure that when individuals come home they have a strong likelihood of becoming a contributing member of society.
    From his own words^^^^
    Seems like a legit program with possible sucess to me. He's not a conservative by any stretch, but I think that gives him a shot at winning a seat that a conservative wouldn't have. I'm not from Philly, so I really don't have any dog in the fight. I'd vote for him though if I could.

(Butler County)

he is libertarian. how anyone is against marijuana legalization is beyond me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast