Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to PA

Hybrid View

(Monroe County)

Default New to PA

My wife and I moved to Monroe County from Delaware (State not County) and are finally all settled in. I applied for my license to carry last week (previously held a concealed carry permit in Delaware) My references have already been contacted and have returned the forms. So far it hasn't been the ordeal that others have written about. Since my Delaware Concealed Carry Permit was renewed just before we moved and my references are the Sheriff and Chief Deputy from my old home county I don't anticipate a problem but you never know. From your experiences, about how long does it take after the references respond for the application to be approved or declined? Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New to PA

In comparison to 90% of the state, you've been through an "ordeal" by having references contacted and needing them to return "forms". (wtf?)

I went into the courthouse here and was back in my car with my LTCF in I think 7 minutes.

Welcome to the forum and to Pennsylvania!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Yeah, we walk in and back out in 15 minutes or less in Berks County too, no contacts necessary. But that's kind of irrelevant for you at this point. So...there is no answer to your question, you'll just have to wait and see.

Congrats and welcome to PA and PAFOA (often called POOFA). This is a great place for information of all types, not just gun related issues. Sarcasm and entertainment are good here too. Hope you can join us in the fight to keep us as free as we are as the fight is on hard at the moment. We have a rally in Harrisburg on Monday May 6, which is just about here. It would be great if we could add a face or two to our numbers.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

Thanks for the responses. I was wondering about the time it took considering that I knew a non-resident would walk in and out the same day, in Berks County, with his license. I debated using my friends in the Sheriff's office where I used to live as references because I was afraid that the Sheriff up here would think I was being a smart ass. Then thought "What the hell, I am a smart ass"��

I’m in Monroe too and while we are not a same minute LTCF issuer here the process is easier now then it was 6 years ago when I moved in.

Mine took what ever the legal time limit is 60 or 90 days? I had to call in order to be told it was done. My wife applied for hers a few months after I received mine and she had it back right before the 30 day mark.

Renewals are now instant which is s good thing. Walk in with the paper work, run the background check, take the photo and walk out.

It’s just a waiting game so don’t worry.

(Monroe County)

Well I spoke too soon. Dropped of the application and got my picture taken 3 weeks ago tomorrow. My references received their forms in the mail and returned them in the beginning of the next week. (Both references told me this) Today, the Sheriff's office told me that they never received the forms back from my references. That is a little hard to believe in as much as my references were the sheriff and chief deputy in the county (in State of Delaware) where I lived and practiced law for 40 years. I understand that Martin is retiring. Are any of the candidates running to replace him more 2A friendly?

(Clinton County)

I'd fill out another application and write "none of your damn business" in the references section.

Kidding of course. References are not required, I leave it blank. Smells like you need some experts on your side to smack this sheriff around a little.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Monroe County)

Quick update. I picked it up last Friday (30th day). On another note, I've been trying to find out a little bit about the republican candidates for Sheriff in tomorrow's primary. Any indication that one is more 2A friendly than the other? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsandy51 View Post
    Quick update. I picked it up last Friday (30th day). On another note, I've been trying to find out a little bit about the republican candidates for Sheriff in tomorrow's primary. Any indication that one is more 2A friendly than the other? Thanks.
    The FOAC which is a PA grass roots pro 2A org backs Efrain Madera for Monroe county for sheriff.

Here’s their voters guide for judges too.

https://foac-pac.org/Voter-Guide

You can also check out the last few pages on this link where Sheriff is discussed.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...17#post3994617
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 20th, 2019 at 08:59 PM.

(Monroe County)

Thank you. Cast my first votes in PA. Haven't missed a primary or general election since I first voted at 18 (I'm 68 this fall).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast