Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AIWB Holster

Default Re: AIWB Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I live under a rock. Should I know who "Haley" is? LOL
    Probably Travis Haley.

Of course former retired special forces and was the Chief Exc officer for Magpul industries at one time. Now he owners Haley Strategic which does a number of things including gear and training to military and at times civilians.

He's a real down to earth no BS kind of guy. I have seen videos of him running basic gear and using Holosun Red dots in his training classes because they work. He hates gear snobs and thinks the internet wars regarding firearms and accessories are ridiculous. Like the keymod vs Mlok nonsense.

As far as appendix holsters it's the only way I carry and I only use Contact Concealment AP holsters for 3 of my 4 carry guns one of which was a 26. I learned a long time ago after spending lots of money that they all feel absolutely the same to me. If I were to get another carry gun and require another holster I would probably go with Bravo Concealments AP options since they ship fast and are affordable. There is no reason why 95% of the basic kydex holsters on today's market should not cost over $35-$40.00.

Just my .02

With a 30 day return policy if you hate it how can you go wrong?

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/col...rsion-holsters
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 25th, 2019 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I live under a rock. Should I know who "Haley" is? LOL
    I live under a rock as well, ha!

Travis Haley, Haley Strategic
    He was a Force Recon guy for quite sometime, Contractor and some other stuff, then and ended up running Magpul Industries and a couple other things I believe. He does Tactical training and sells products through G code and other places. Not exactly sure of all his products. He was decorated and he is a pretty straight up guy. He is kind of like Garand Thumb on YouTube, they don't sell out to products, and give great information. They do a lot of runs where all their proceeds are donated to Veterans and other associations that support vets. His schools are bar none Top Of The Line.

My fault for assuming people are into the same thing as me lol. I don't get around on the internet much and I thought it was just a common name.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Probably Travis Haley.

Of course former retired special forces and was the Chief Exc officer for Magpul industries at one time. Now he owners Haley Strategic which does a number of things including gear and training to military and at times civilians.

He's a real down to earth no BS kind of guy. I have seen videos of him running basic gear and using Holosun Red dots in his training classes because they work. He hates gear snobs and thinks the internet wars regarding firearms and accessories are ridiculous. Like the keymod vs Mlok nonsense.

As far as appendix holsters it's the only way I carry and I only use Contact Concealment AP holsters for 3 of my 4 carry guns one of which was a 26. I learned a long time ago after spending lots of money that they all feel absolutely the same to me. If I were to get another carry gun and require another holster I would probably go with Bravo Concealments AP options since they ship fast and are affordable. There is no reason why 95% of the basic kydex holsters on today's market should not cost over $35-$40.00.

Just my .02

With a 30 day return policy if you hate it how can you go wrong?

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/col...rsion-holsters
    You answered the question before I did, and pretty dang good!

I appreciate the info as well. I will check out those holsters. I have Bravo, but no Appendix, so I'm sure I will end up owning a few different types very soon.

Anyone have any experience with gcode brand for holsters?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by HDSightwork23 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with gcode brand for holsters?
    Yes. I use GCode Incog Eclipse AIWB for both Glock 42 & S&W Shield and like them a lot, though they are pricey. (These are the Travis Haley designed holsters JG93 is talking about above). I'm anxious to hear how JG93 likes his GCode Phenom Stealth, because the one thing I can't seem to work out with them is getting the grip snug against me, and I can't seem to re-fit any of the available "claws" to their holsters.

JG93, I'm also curious how snug your G-19 is in the Stealth. I moved to the Incog Eclipse after trying the original Incog System, and felt like the shield moved around a little in that holster with all the cutaway area.

Quote Originally Posted by RTF92.5 View Post
    Yes. I use GCode Incog Eclipse AIWB for both Glock 42 & S&W Shield and like them a lot, though they are pricey. (These are the Travis Haley designed holsters JG93 is talking about above). I'm anxious to hear how JG93 likes his GCode Phenom Stealth, because the one thing I can't seem to work out with them is getting the grip snug against me, and I can't seem to re-fit any of the available "claws" to their holsters.

JG93, I'm also curious how snug your G-19 is in the Stealth. I moved to the Incog Eclipse after trying the original Incog System, and felt like the shield moved around a little in that holster with all the cutaway area.
    It is sitting at the house waiting on me. Unfortunately, I won't be back home until this coming Thursday.
    Now, until I get home and can test it, I don't have hands on.

From the short, and few videos, it seems to fit pretty snug on the 19. I will be the tester of that!
    Also, the Moclaw, is it not far enough out, to push enough in for you?
    Are you super skinny, or have some precious love meat?
    I will definitely be commenting back with my findings, and then a couple days after continued use. The reason I bought it was because it is supposed to snug it in tight and be comfortable. I like being able to carry a 19. I just wish it would fit my 43x too.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JG93 View Post
    It is sitting at the house waiting on me. Unfortunately, I won't be back home until this coming Thursday.
    Now, until I get home and can test it, I don't have hands on.

From the short, and few videos, it seems to fit pretty snug on the 19. I will be the tester of that!
    Also, the Moclaw, is it not far enough out, to push enough in for you?
    Are you super skinny, or have some precious love meat?
    I will definitely be commenting back with my findings, and then a couple days after continued use. The reason I bought it was because it is supposed to snug it in tight and be comfortable. I like being able to carry a 19. I just wish it would fit my 43x too.
    Not super skinny... I can safely call myself "well rounded", and need some help keeping the grip tucked tight. I think the Moclaw only works on the new Phenom line, not my eclipse, as far as I can tell from the pictures... so before I drop $90+ on another test holster, I thought I'd see how others like it.

Not super skinny... I can safely call myself "well rounded", and need some help keeping the grip tucked tight. I think the Moclaw only works on the new Phenom line, not my eclipse, as far as I can tell from the pictures... so before I drop $90+ on another test holster, I thought I'd see how others like it.
    Well, it is sitting at my house.
    I'll be home about 4am Friday morning and you can bet your a... that I'll be opening that box like a kid on Christmas!

I'll give you my initial thoughts and first day wear thoughts.

I'm fairly stout.. so I hear Haha! But I have a little love pudge at the same time. I also felt the same thing with the butt of the gun, the Moclaw is supposed to be the cure.

I guess if it turns out bad, it will be your turn to test the ne t one! Lol, I have high expectations and I'm sure it will live up to the hype. I'll report back as soon as I try it on, with some first impression.

To you, and to anyone interested in the G code Phenom Stealth...

First impressions -

Holster: The holster is very minimalistic. It has a really nice soft feeling to it that doesn't seem to irritate my skin. It doesn't sit so low that it pushes into my groin or leg. It seems cut just right that it sits right around my lower pelvic. There isn't a lot of extra holster, it is roughly 1/4 inch longer than the G19 itself, and the width, roughly 1/2in wider at the trigger guard and about 1/2in taller on top (to allow for supp height sights.)
    The clip can be canted, but it will need loosened. It will not turn on its own, or with just pressure.

It holds the pistol exceptionally well. I can shake my pistol upside down and it is NOT coming out.

The draw. It is tight! I believe it is the material they use, that is really grippy. It isn't ungodly tight, but it isn't coming out with a sissy pull either.

The Cut- mine is cut perfect. The sweat guard only goes up to the butt of the pistol, no further. Makes it nice when sitting down.

When sitting, you obviously know you're carrying AIWB, but it isn't poky, stabby, or uncomfortable on the jewels area.

The anodized finish looks well done. I got the Moclaw blue, and the set screw for the clip is also blue. Although it isn't a big deal, the screws on the back for the claw, aren't blue. No big deal, but for 90 bucks, I figured it would be all blue metals (Holster stays hidden, so I don't care.)

The Moclaw itself. The claw seems to be doing exactly what it was intended to do. Being out further than the trigger guard, and in the perfect spot to allow the belt to cinch down over top of it, definitely seems to push the butt into your stomach. I watched this happen as I slowly tightend my belt.

The cut, allowing the barrel through the bottom of the holster definitely takes out some bulk, and zipper area buldge.. Hm.. maybe I'll get one with more buldge?

I know this isn't an in depth review, but the way I am going to end my FIRST impressions....

I'm going to most likely be ordering another one for my 43x.

The way this allowed me to conceal my 19, with a T shirt, minimal print (With a form fitting shirt) definitely impresses me. Not having a holster debate, but this "Moclaw" definitely seems to work better for ME, than any other holster out there. Including the Incog. If I can get pictures up, I will.

Another JM Custom fan. I carry my 19 and my 26 in one of their regular AIWB rigs. Very quality build.

This may help: https://www.gunsafespot.com/best-glock-19-holster/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast