Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: NJ Residents going to Range in PA

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Eh, turnabout is fair play. Weekdays in NY are filled with PA drivers going under the speed limit in the left lane (aka not following the rules) and wondering why everyone seems so irate.

You come push those folks over to the right and I'll come clean your range for you
    At least us PA people know how to stop at stop signs and pass buggies, unlike this NY'er.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Uh, it's absolutely everyone's responsible to be the range officer on the range.
    Horseshit. Don't come to my range and count the seconds between my shots. Don't proceed to tell me how shooting metal targets 50 yards out and angled downward creates a safety issue. And if you want to hassle the WWII vet shooting his garand and count his rate of fire -- don't do that near me unless you have a good dental plan. Libtards from libtard states have a funny notion of what constitutes safety.
    That probably also applies to the East and West portion of PA as well where libtards tend to be in great supply counting the # of anti-gun hacks they elect.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ontheborder View Post
    Horseshit. Don't come to my range and count the seconds between my shots. Don't proceed to tell me how shooting metal targets 50 yards out and angled downward creates a safety issue. And if you want to hassle the WWII vet shooting his garand and count his rate of fire -- don't do that near me unless you have a good dental plan. Libtards from libtard states have a funny notion of what constitutes safety.
    That probably also applies to the East and West portion of PA as well where libtards tend to be in great supply counting the # of anti-gun hacks they elect.
    I see someone who may need to take a breather and calm the F down.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

So... everyone from outside the "Kentucky" part of Pennsyltucky is bad... including gun owners from Maryland, NJ, NY... ALL must be bad. I guess you just left out Jews, foreigners and who else?

While I agree that minimum time between shots is kind of silly if you are being safe is a bit annoying BUT steel jackets do fly back even at 50 yards. Beyond that, yes, EVERYONE is a safety officer at the range.

Being safe is not just about angle of steel or rate of fire.

Most of all though... I am assuming this is happening at a private club? Well, what do the rules say? Is there a rapid fire rule? And YOU just don't agree with it?

The answer is simple... don't like it... find another club or start your own... or heck, buy some land in your neck of the woods and shoot on your own property.

But if someone is being unsafe it is everyone's responsibility.... i.e at a local club with a common firing line some idiot older guy just decided to start shooting while there were people downrange changing targets.

As far as your personal issues without anyone outside of you.... well, that is your problem. =)

(Montgomery County)

As I live in PA on the PA/MD border I only wished this "applied" to Marylanders as well. Funny how some Maryland members of my club who enjoy the freedom of shooting in PA think it's their duty to become the defacto Safety officer when they show up at the range. Fing aholes.
    I'm not sure I follow this exactly.
    If you are a member of your club, then your club either allows steel at 50 yards or it doesn't, same with rate of fire.

If guys are making up rules that don't exist, then you obviously have no obligation to follow them.
    If your club has rules you don't like, then best to find a club that works for your intended usage.

As a general rule I will not join a range with rate of fire, holster draw, or magazine restrictions, since I am unable to train under those conditions.
    It would be pointless for me to join a restrictive range just to be angry when a member insists I follow the posted rules.
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Perfectly OK to transport hollowpoints to and from the range. Follow the same rules you would for trasporting a handgun.

You are thinking of the Aitken case where they determined, at least in that instance, that there was no exemption when transporting them between homes - Aitken was moving from one residence to another. The obvious solution is to go to a range between the two residences.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Citation of range exception to NJSA 2C:39-3 prohibition on hollow points?
    IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    It's not the trash so much as it is the incompetence. If you see me driving to work in NY, I'll be passing you on the right doing about 85.
    Like hell you would! I practice what I preach, I'll be politely over in the right lane well before you catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    At least us PA people know how to stop at stop signs and pass buggies, unlike this NY'er.
    Good golly. Must be an NYC'er. They don't count. That's part of Jersey.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Good golly. Must be an NYC'er. They don't count. That's part of Jersey.
    It was NY plate, don't care what part of the state they were from. Everything you described about PA drivers, I see it down here in NY/NJ drivers all the time. It's bad enough when they end up on back roads where they don't belong, it's worse when they stop and video tape cows chewing their cud without pulling off to the side. I watched one NJidiot driving while holding his camera out the window video taping the back of a buggy with a line of about 12 cars behind him.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Citation of range exception to NJSA 2C:39-3 prohibition on hollow points?
    In 2C:39-3,f,(1) is the exception which cites 2C:39-6,f(b) for the specific activities exempted - one of which is transport to and from a range.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast