Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Wrangler

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Ruger Wrangler

Well at least its not pot metal zamac. Probably.

(Berks County)

Zoom in. The hammer is weird, looks hollow in back and some hideousness when you cock it back. Gold is scrapped off in the back strap screw hole. None of the straps look fitted to the frame and the finish looks applied without much preparation. All the aesthetics of a cap gun. And I like Ruger.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

I had a super single six , what a turd that was. I returned it once to ruger and they returned it a little less of a turd but still a giant $$$ turd. So needless to say ........... I'm not banking on them getting it right at a much lower cost. I do enjoy their semi pistols , and double action revolvers. Their single actions wheelguns I've seen too problematic at a higher cost and getting them correct up into even recent history has seemed to elude them "think 45 colt chamber blackhawks for example" and to think this will be money well spent I have my doubts. I think they should spend the time correcting what they already know is less than ideal than coming up with new junk.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I had a super single six , what a turd that was. I returned it once to ruger and they returned it a little less of a turd but still a giant $$$ turd. So needless to say ........... I'm not banking on them getting it right at a much lower cost. I do enjoy their semi pistols , and double action revolvers. Their single actions wheelguns I've seen too problematic at a higher cost and getting them correct up into even recent history has seemed to elude them "think 45 colt chamber blackhawks for example" and to think this will be money well spent I have my doubts. I think they should spend the time correcting what they already know is less than ideal than coming up with new junk.
    I've owned several of the revolvers you mentioned, including a single six for 25+ years. Never experienced any problems. You must have some craptacular luck.

(Clearfield County)

I will probably have a gander at them when I find one in the wild, more plinking options is always more good.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I will probably have a gander at them when I find one in the wild, more plinking options is always more good.
    I might try and get one in for review when they start showing up. I have a single six and a rough rider to compare it to. Can't suck any worse than that RIA revolver I have to send back anyways.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I might try and get one in for review when they start showing up. I have a single six and a rough rider to compare it to. Can't suck any worse than that RIA revolver I have to send back anyways.
    There are two things I like about it more than the rough rider already, 1. no safety and 2. The trigger appears to be thicker than a coin.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    There are two things I like about it more than the rough rider already, 1. no safety and 2. The trigger appears to be thicker than a coin.
    The no safety part puts it a step ahead for me without even handling it. I never understood the manual safety on a single action revolver.

(Berks County)

The no safety part puts it a step ahead for me without even handling it. I never understood the manual safety on a single action revolver.
    To prevent liberals from using it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Clearfield County)

Because its a cheap single action revolver. Much more likely to be bought by people who don't know guns.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast