Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Wrangler

Default Re: Ruger Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Jeff Quinn over at Gunblast.com reviews it: https://gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangler.htm
    I'm not sure if he ever met a gun he didn't like but it looks like something the grandsons would like.
    Jeff thinks everything is a “dandy” but he did a good job of showcasing this one.

My B-day is coming up and since funds are tight this might fit if I can find one for around $200.00.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Same here since I haven’t had a .22lr pistol other then an AR pistol in years. At 1st I wasn’t sure what to make of it with the cerakote finish then I saw the caliber and price and changed my mind. Other then it being fairly reliable I’m hoping that the grip is a bit bigger then the Heritage options. I have medium thin hands but always found them to be to small for accurate shooting. It would also be good to start my kids off on pistol since it’s a SA.

It’s definitely not an heirloom but what is these days at $200.00.
    I'm leery of the cerakote too, since my only experience with it is on caniks. Where it rubs off pretty bad inside the slide. That being said its a single action revolver, so there aren't many places where that can happen.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I'm leery of the cerakote too, since my only experience with it is on caniks. Where it rubs off pretty bad inside the slide. That being said its a single action revolver, so there aren't many places where that can happen.
    I'm not going to search for it, but I believe that one of the cerakote finishers who post here said that revolvers with cerakote last about 400 rounds before the finish starts getting damaged by the gases escaping from the cylinder/barrel gap.

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    I'm not going to search for it, but I believe that one of the cerakote finishers who post here said that revolvers with cerakote last about 400 rounds before the finish starts getting damaged by the gases escaping from the cylinder/barrel gap.
    If correct I wonder if that hold true to the .22lr round vs higher pressure center fire rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    You must have some craptacular luck.
    That would not be entirely untrue. Sent a few new firearms back and some of them like the super single did not come back corrected.
    I even have a smith 629 ... the flag ship of the company to a degree that has been back after every range trip except the last one. Not even sure why I still have that.
    I've learned to not like a gun too much until after I've had it a bit.
    Loving it from the beginning has been almost a sure fire why to come to hate it.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    That would not be entirely untrue. Sent a few new firearms back and some of them like the super single did not come back corrected.
    I even have a smith 629 ... the flag ship of the company to a degree that has been back after every range trip except the last one. Not even sure why I still have that.
    I've learned to not like a gun too much until after I've had it a bit.
    Loving it from the beginning has been almost a sure fire why to come to hate it.
    My wife Kills wristwatches.
    Something about her electrochemical makeup kills then with a couple of days / weeks.
    Some Timex models survive her and last for years, but most everything else dies.

Sounds Like Boodox does that with guns?????????
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    My wife Kills wristwatches.
    Something about her electrochemical makeup kills then with a couple of days / weeks.
    Some Timex models survive her and last for years, but most everything else dies.

Sounds Like Boodox does that with guns?????????
    Working my 1st real job in High school , there was a guy who said his body's electrical system killed watches and he could not wear them. He was in fact nuts and I just assumed his comment about wearing watches was a reflection of that. But now I guess there must be something to this. Wonder what kind of research has been done. Sounds interesting actually. Are there any other non-typical things about this? Does it have a scientific name?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Working my 1st real job in High school , there was a guy who said his body's electrical system killed watches and he could not wear them. He was in fact nuts and I just assumed his comment about wearing watches was a reflection of that. But now I guess there must be something to this. Wonder what kind of research has been done. Sounds interesting actually. Are there any other non-typical things about this? Does it have a scientific name?
    When I was a kid, I had that problem of watches dying. For years I carried a pocket watch to get around it. Since we have quartz electronic watches I no longer have the problem. Or it might just be 40 years of life that changed things.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Who is going to sue ruger first? Wrangler jeans or Jeep?
    I expected this thread to be about a new theme Jeep, like the Levi CJ5 & CJ7. That was before Jeep introduced the Wrangler . . .

Noahy
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    You can't prevent people who eat Tide pods from hurting themselves no matter what you do. That's half the problem with society today. We've created an environment where even the stupidest people can live long enough to procreate with some other stupid person and make more little stupid people.
    This is all too true. I read this to my wife. She just giggled and said " Yeah, no doubt about that".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast