Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Heading to state college

Any good shops in the area I should pop into? Not really looking for anything at the moment but if a fixed stock ak74 came up at a good price I could see that following me home.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Heading to state college

Heading to State College for the evening or the weekend or...? Most places are closed right now. If you're going to be here for a while check out Jim's Army and Navy for surplus and J&E guns off the Benner Pike.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Check out this thread:
    Gunshops in State College area?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=302071

It is a 3-year old thread, but most of the info contained within is still current. (I am not sure about the current status of Cox's Gun Shop, and I heard of that there is a new shop that has opened in Bellefonte.)

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Heading to State College for the evening or the weekend or...? Most places are closed right now. If you're going to be here for a while check out Jim's Army and Navy for surplus and J&E guns off the Benner Pike.
    J&E is good. You could always contact X-ring on here and see if he has anything interesting. His shop is in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    Check out this thread:
    Gunshops in State College area?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=302071

It is a 3-year old thread, but most of the info contained within is still current. (I am not sure about the current status of Cox's Gun Shop, and I heard of that there is a new shop that has opened in Bellefonte.)
    Awesome. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I’ll be heading there with the wife next Sunday-Tuesday. She has a work conference to attend so I’ll be on my own most of the day

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    J&E is good. You could always contact X-ring on here and see if he has anything interesting. His shop is in the area.
    I knew there was someone in the area and hosted yard sales. But I couldn’t remember who.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    I knew there was someone in the area and hosted yard sales. But I couldn’t remember who.
    That would be me but I'm not a stocking dealer, mainly do gunsmithing/Cerakoting. I do have a couple of 10/22's and and a custom AR (consignment gun) and a few handguns for sale right now. In the area there are J&E Guns near Bellefonte, Grices and Bob's Army-Navy in Clearfield, and some smaller places around. If you want to stop by let me know, always good to meet PAFOA members and talk guns.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Clinton County)

One other place I forgot about is Hunters Warehouse in Bellefonte. He has surplus firearms and may have the AK you may be looking for. He also has a small selection of surplus too. Be warned though, the guy is kind of a pompous dick and his prices can be outrageous. Might be worth a stop just to look though if you're in the area.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Elk County)

If you head to Grices or Bob's Army Navy in Clearfield there is another shop in Philipsburg. It will be on your left Belding & Mull. Easy to miss. They have a nice selection of guns and hunting equipment. Only been there once but worth the stop. Between Grices, Bob's and Belding & Mull you can pretty much burn a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast