Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    Dinner in the area first? I might be able to swing it.
    Sounds like an event in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Haha I usually only have to be on-site for 20-30 days a year, but those days always seem to coincide with something planned on here. We need more weekend events!
    If you could make it it would be great.
    I know where Hunter's been.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Boondocks, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Is anyone still going to this?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Is anyone still going to this?
    I was figuring it was no but I can meet ya there. It's on Black Rock Road, right?
    I know where Hunter's been.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Boondocks, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I was figuring it was no but I can meet ya there. It's on Black Rock Road, right?
    I don't want to force you to go and I won't be there until after 7, so it's up to you.

    Eta: yes between 113 and 29
    Last edited by DK23; November 12th, 2019 at 06:56 PM.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I don't want to force you to go and I won't be there until after 7, so it's up to you.

    Eta: yes between 113 and 29
    No forcing me, it's up to you!
    I know where Hunter's been.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Well...I doubt that it did any good but I went toe to toe with Ms. Muth on gun control. Someone (I think she said it was her father) gave her the idea that a .223 would never be used for hunting because such a powerful round would destroy all the meat. So...after schooling her on the .223, .308, 30-30, 30-06 and 7mm and deer hunting I give her some stats on the NY Safe Act and what we learned about mentally ill people at the Judicial Committee hearings in Harrisburg. I also suggested that she and the others in attendance brush up on Tienanmen Square and current events in France, Hong Kong and Venezuela and what the 2nd Amendment was really about. Nobody argued with me on my points but she went on to say how...if it saved just one shooting...
    I know where Hunter's been.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Can't rep you, so I'll thank you here!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Delco, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Can't rep you, so I'll thank you here!
    I got him.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chester County, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    4,228
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Well...I doubt that it did any good but I went toe to toe with Ms. Muth on gun control. Someone (I think she said it was her father) gave her the idea that a .223 would never be used for hunting because such a powerful round would destroy all the meat. So...after schooling her on the .223, .308, 30-30, 30-06 and 7mm and deer hunting I give her some stats on the NY Safe Act and what we learned about mentally ill people at the Judicial Committee hearings in Harrisburg. I also suggested that she and the others in attendance brush up on Tienanmen Square and current events in France, Hong Kong and Venezuela and what the 2nd Amendment was really about. Nobody argued with me on my points but she went on to say how...if it saved just one shooting...
    Great job! Thanks for standing up to their lies. However, they don't care about facts, nor the truth. They want to spread lies about guns, ammunition, and who commits the vast majority of murders with guns in the U.S. Still, educating the electorate does help, and maybe a few more people saw her for what she is.
    Pilot321, the Un-Woke

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Katie Muth Town Hall Meeting at Ursinus Wed April 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Great job! Thanks for standing up to their lies. However, they don't care about facts, nor the truth. They want to spread lies about guns, ammunition, and who commits the vast majority of murders with guns in the U.S. Still, educating the electorate does help, and maybe a few more people saw her for what she is.
    I have to say that there are some things that she stands for that I agree with so I'll do what I can to make the best of the situation. Obviously she is being fed (and swallowing) bad information and maybe, just maybe I can get her to change her way of thinking at least a little. If they will at least listen to us and we present the cold, hard facts we might make some headway. We all know that an attempt to take our rifles will be futile and I am thankful that NY has taken the lead on presenting that fact to us.
    I know where Hunter's been.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Costa town hall meeting 2/23 at Chatham...
    By Fujisawa-sensai in forum Allegheny
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 1st, 2013, 09:48 PM
  2. Town Hall Meeting in Lebanon!!
    By YBNORMAL in forum General
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: August 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
  3. town hall meeting!
    By YBNORMAL in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
  4. Arlen Specter Town Hall meeting
    By RugerNiner in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM
  5. Town Hall Meeting
    By Sebastian in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops