Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Go West Not East

PA needs to go west not east in terms of gun laws. What I mean buy that PA should definitely not become more like the states to the east such as New York and New Jersey and Maryland in terms of gun laws. Instead we should follow the example of states to the west such as Ohio and West Virginia when it comes to what kinds of gun laws we should have in PA.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Go West Not East

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    PA needs to go west not east in terms of gun laws. What I mean buy that PA should definitely not become more like the states to the east such as New York and New Jersey and Maryland in terms of gun laws. Instead we should follow the example of states to the west such as Ohio and West Virginia when it comes to what kinds of gun laws we should have in PA.
    Duh?
    Lol

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Are OH gun laws really better than PA?

I think we have it pretty good here in PA. LTCF with no training requirements, can buy almost all of the NFA goodies, open carry, not many restrictions on where we can carry. The only negatives are the ROS and pistol through FFL requirement, the vehicle carry stuff (or requirement for LTCF to begin with), and a few other minor things, and a political situation that seems like it's getting a bit sour. With the current laws though, I think we're better off than some of the states that purport themselves to be gun friendly (like TX).

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post

I think we have it pretty good here in PA. LTCF with no training requirements, can buy almost all of the NFA goodies, open carry, not many restrictions on where we can carry. The only negatives are the ROS and pistol through FFL requirement, the vehicle carry stuff (or requirement for LTCF to begin with), and a few other minor things, and a political situation that seems like it's getting a bit sour. With the current laws though, I think we're better off than some of the states that purport themselves to be gun friendly (like TX).
    I agree. And. PICS is better than NICS

Currently Pa is better imo. But there seems to be more of an anti push than a pro push as laws go. We are currently in a position where cities like Pittsburgh feel free to ignore state law because they know we have a governor who will not try to hold them accountable. The makeup of the house and senate has been changing also. Hopefully enough pro gun representatives keep getting voted in or we could find ourselves in an “oh shit” situation.

Ohio has been going in the right direction though. Currently with a serious push for Constitutional carry. If Constiutional carry passes, that alone puts them ahead of Pa imo.

(Montgomery County)

I think we have it pretty good here in PA. LTCF with no training requirements, can buy almost all of the NFA goodies,
    What can't we buy? Destructive devices? I think we're ok on all the "firearm" stuff (machine guns, sbr's, sbs's, AOW's).... right?

Agree with you on the vehicle stuff. But otherwise PA is very good. That's why we moved here. The trick is to keep it that way and it is becoming more difficult. Some western states are doing some good things in the way of Constitutional Carry. Oregon, which is controlled by Portland, is on its way to not having a right to keep and bear arms except in name only. Same is true for Washington State. Colorado is becoming a joke. New Mexico is getting bad. Illinois is becoming like NJ and NY. The west is not perfect. Ohio is good.

(Schuylkill County)

In the last copy of the "Travelers Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States" OH did score higher than PA in terms of gun rights although that was the 2018 version, I do not have the 2019 version so Im not sure how things have changed since then.
    But WV definitely is more gun friendly than PA.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Illinois is becoming like NJ and NY.
    I met this fellow who thought Illinois was even worse than NJ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast