Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Smith-Sights Two-Stage Mosin Triggers Updated Pics

Hello,

I had occasion to update pics of one of my limited products, and thought I'd share with ya'll as you've appreciated my pictures in the past. The Smith-Sights Mosin-Nagant Two-Stage Trigger is the next logical step of the M39 trigger, and this model is the third or fourth evolution of this model.

To begin, I drill two holes of certain diameters, in certain places at certain angles. It took a while to get this right.

In the rear hole, I install a rolling bearing. Unable to find the exact size bearing I need, I make my own from stock.

[i]In the top hole, I install a set screw. Again, nobody makes exactly what I need, so I have to modify existing parts to make it work. Additionally, I should note that, though this set screw is, in appearance only, similar to another trigger out there, that trigger is not two-stage, but rather a long, double-action-esque pull. The function of that set screw in the other trigger is solely to fit the trigger to a stock sear by adjusting a ball bearing, and doesn't serve to adjust a second stage as mine does. I researched this thoroughly prior to marketing this modification, and no patents have been infringed upon.[i]

The finished trigger.

Additionally, the sear receives some work. It no longer drags the cocking piece down upon firing.

The trigger and sear are fitted together, and pinned together with an emergency trigger/sear return bar. This return bar keeps the matched set together, and also returns the sear with the trigger, in the event that the sear sticks downward after releasing the trigger prior to firing. This is a safety issue known to anyone who ever messed with an M39 trigger, and one that, in my opinion, should be mandatory on this pattern of two-stage Mosin trigger.

Finally, this spring is added to the trigger set. It improves feel greatly over the stock leaf spring, and provides the necessary power to return the sear via the emergency trigger/sear return bar in the event that the sear fails to return on its own.

I hope you've enjoyed.

Regards,
    Josh
    Last edited by Josh Smith; April 18th, 2019 at 11:48 AM.