Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Obama's gun policy

I took some time to write to "Obama" and ask a few questions about his stance or views on gun policy. Needless to say I think I'm left with more questions than answers.

"As a former constitutional law professor, Senator Obama believes the Second Amendment creates an individual right, and he greatly respects the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns. He also believes that the right is subject to reasonable and commonsense public safety regulation.

We must work to ensure that guns do not fall into the hands of criminals or the mentally ill through an effective background check system. We also have to strike a reasonable balance between public safety and Second Amendment rights.

Senator Obama will continue to work for common-sense laws, like closing the gun show loophole, and effective law enforcement. He will also speak out against the culture of violence that traps so many of our young people."
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin-

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Obama's gun policy

Quote Originally Posted by MirandasPits View Post
    Needless to say I think I'm left with more questions than answers. ."
    You were expecting........?

His form letter answer is the perfect example of what is wrong with Obama (and other career politicos).

He tries to placate BOTH sides of the issue but in doing so is being dishonest. His voting record makes his true opinion of the 2A very clear.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Snyder County)

And his form letter doesn't make any mention that he plans on reinstating the AWB, thereby making illegal thousands of guns used for legal purposes like hunting, sport shooting, CMP matches, and collecting.

(Lehigh County)

This is just one issue of the thousands that we succumb to everyday of our lives. NRA and other groups continue to fight the good fight. But I can't vote for a candidate just because of one issue.

In a similar question from an article from this months Field and Stream. McCain and Obama were both interviewed for the magazine. An interesting question to Obams was:

Q: Do you agree with the SUpreme Court's Decision?

O: first paragraph of answer not added. "The important point is that I am very mindful of the fact that sportsmen in America may have gove hunting with their fathers, their grandfathers, their mothers, their grandmothers, and that this is part of a tradition and a way of life that has to be preserved. And there's nothing that I will do as president of the United States that will in any way encroach on the ability of sportsmen to continue that tradition."

So he only supports "sportsmen" and not the entire 2A. Its interesting to read the entire article, Obama sounds as though he is just spitting out info and stories to get people on his side. Non-specific info is given. Compared to McCain's answers where there is actual stories there that prove he has actually done these things and not just saying it for support.

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Lehigh County)

Maybe I was too vague in my questions. I only have a 9mm pistol and .22 lr and wasn't thinking of all those other goodies that I only dream about. Maybe I'll have to write another letter with more detailed questions because these questions aren't being brought up in the debates.

(Snyder County)

This is just one issue of the thousands that we succumb to everyday of our lives. NRA and other groups continue to fight the good fight. But I can't vote for a candidate just because of one issue.
    Just remember that the 2nd Amendment protects all the rest. If you take away out ability to protect ourselves, what is there to stop anyone from taking away the rest of our liberties.

Think it can't happen? Just look at England.

(Berks County)

Maybe I was too vague in my questions. I only have a 9mm pistol and .22 lr and wasn't thinking of all those other goodies that I only dream about. Maybe I'll have to write another letter with more detailed questions because these questions aren't being brought up in the debates.
    You won't get any more detailed answers, guaranteed. All they'll give you is that pre-packaged form letter response. Obama's stance is that he wants to ban all semi automatic firearms, reinstate the AWB with no expiration like the old one had, and completely take away the right to carry a firearm except for military and retired police. That's the facts. You'll get none of those from his camp.

(Luzerne County)

I'd say "me too" on that sentiment.

At least with Obama, I have yet to find one single "issue" I agree with him on.
    So it makes that choice easy to discard.

Actually, not only do I disagree with his position on all issues, it's hard to even ascertain what his actual, TRUE position even is. Much like the answer he supplied to your 2A question, I have seen very few issues that BO has even been truthful about.

One single example:
    Taxes. He lies his ass off. He wants to raise taxes - period. It does not matter that it is taxes in the so-called "rich". "rich" = GROSS income over $250K which = every company you patronize.
    Taxes on the businesses that you and I buy products from = an increase in price we pay for goods and services = same effect as raising our taxes. LEss $ in our wallets.

Unfortunately, so many Americans are not capable of thinking past their nose and these slogans and talking points ring absolute in their ears as they are incapable or unwilling to think into the issue further than the slogans such as "tax the rich".

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lehigh County)

I once read an article somewhere that the right to bear arms and to an organized militia was the sole purpose of the national guard.

You may call me a fool but like half of our military is over seas. God forbid we had a massive sneak attack invasion and I don't have an AW to truly try to fight off the enemy, what the heck am I to do with just a pistol?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast