Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Monroe County Sheriff Election Candidate - Efrain Madera

So the current sheriff is retiring, there are three candidates running, one democrat and two republicans.
    One of the republican candidates is a friend. I feel he is more than qualified for the job and just wanted to get some information out there.

Over 21 years of professional and empirical knowledge in security and law enforcement. Highly skilled in critical thinking, problem solving with demonstrated strong power of analytical reasoning and was methodical in solving problems.

As a Captain in the NYC Department of Corrections, I managed a $2M budget, was responsible for the development, management, and training of staff. Expert in physical security, risk analysis, investigations and crisis management with a vast experience in Gang Intelligence. Further duties included evaluation of staff and developing in service training program for both officers and civilian population; Report writing, assessments, strategic planning and department budgeting; Communication and coordination of all disciplines within the department as well as reporting to the departments commissioner Martin Horn. re; Progress, Identifying problem areas resolutions and recommendations of same.

As an Environmental Health and safety officer strict emphasis was placed on conducting & identifying Hazardous materials & chemical agents and the removal of same as defined by NYCDOC guidelines & directives regarding the safety, care, custody and control of a correctional facility its grounds and surrounding areas. Also received specialized training in executive protection, Canine Handling/Training, Special Weapons and Emergency Incident Command management.

As a contractor at a major pharmaceutical company for over 4 years I acquired a vast knowledge in corporate security CCTV, carrier management (Freightwatch), Galaxy system, access Sentry and Pro-watch. Interacting with all levels of management. I acquired my Private Detective license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in July 2018.
    here's a facebook link. https://www.facebook.com/MaderaforSheriff/
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Default Re: Monroe County Sheriff Election Candidate - Efrain Madera

Will he do same day processing of LTCF?

(Franklin County)

That's a fat resume for an office that has no actual police powers.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

He'll have a tough race. For me, the NYC thing is a red flag and then when I look he bought his house in 11/2006. He's not been here too long unless he rented or bought and sold. Good luck to him.

(Wayne County)

Fallenleader, do you know which jail facility he was at?

i'll ask him about the LTCF, he is a strong 2A supporter and not a fudd to my knowledge.

the race will be tough.

Rikers island.

Edit:Yes he will process them as expediently as possible. If same day is possible then that is what he will do.
    Last edited by fallenleader; April 14th, 2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: ltcf

Does the Monroe Sheriffs office primarily support the courts and corrections, do they have a large road patrol presence? The reason I ask is, the candidate in this thread is very qualified, probably over qualified (a good thing) to run a correctional facility and support the court system. That said, the police function is a whole other animal.

Too many in corrections believe their functions are identical to the police. It’s not a put down, the job descriptions are quite different. Correction Officers, like Police Officers are highly trained professionals, each trained to do their demanding and hazardous jobs. The perfect candidate, IMHO, would be an incumbent or and outsider having served both disciplines.

I wish the candidate good luck.

Thank you.

My limited understanding of what the sheriff's office does is serve warrants and transport prisoners among a few other things. The offices reside within the court house and if memory serves they oversee the baliff's hiring and training.
    road stuff in the area is SARPD and or PSP territory.
    http://www.monroecountypa.gov/Dept/S...s/AboutUs.aspx
    Responsibilities of the Sheriff's Office

Security to the courts, courthouse, personnel and visitors, defendants and litigants
    Courthouse security is provided 24/7 by our court security personnel. They cover the grounds, run the metal detectors, and search all bags.
    Juvenile Transports
    Prisoner transports
    Civil Process – Complaints, Summons, Evictions, PFAs, Real Estate Sheriff Sales
    PFAs – The Sheriff’s office can serve upon request at the Sheriff’s office located on the second floor of the Courthouse Annex. Information required is the name and address of the individual to be served.
    Criminal Warrants
    Senior Citizens Safety Program
    Child identification and fingerprinting are done at various community events.
    Prisoner Out mate Program - Prisoners doing community service projects (work detail)
    McGruff Safety Programs
    DARE - Drug Prevention Program - We are a proud supporter of the DARE program. At this time the DARE program is not currently requested by local school districts.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    Thank you.

My limited understanding of what the sheriff's office does is serve warrants and transport prisoners among a few other things. The offices reside within the court house and if memory serves they oversee the baliff's hiring and training.
    road stuff in the area is SARPD and or PSP territory.
    http://www.monroecountypa.gov/Dept/S...s/AboutUs.aspx
    He is well qualified for the position, again, IMHO.

Pa Sheriff's do not do road patrol. There is one county in PA where the Sheriff has Police powers. They mainly handle civil process, courts and transports. A CO has two of the three qualifications. Civil is a different animal altogether.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast