Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Monroe County Sheriff Election Candidate - Efrain Madera

Not sure how this works. Will all 3 be on the same ballot? My thought being that 2 Rep vs 1 Dem sounds like a bad idea for the Reps.

Bob D

(Indiana County)

If they get enough signatures, they can all be on the ballot.

In the primary, all candidates with the signatures will be on ballot.
    I think in the general it is one V one but i don't honestly know.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

The primary is for voting for the candidate that will represent a certain party in the general election. I know candidate Ken Morris is pro 2nd amendment and is all for same day LTC. It saves money and the residents' time. Ken Morris is a former Marine Corps Sergeant and is the current Sergeant in the Sheriff's Office.

welcome to the forum and happy easter.
    yes, morris https://www.facebook.com/KenMorrisForSheriff/ is the other republican candidate

http://kenmorrisforsheriff.com
    Biography

Sergeant Ken Morris, a native of Monroe County and graduate from Pocono Mountain High School, is seeking your support for the Office of Sheriff of Monroe County. Sergeant Morris has lived in Monroe County for thirty-two years developing strong roots in this area. His fiancé, Cathy, is a thirty-three year native of Monroe County and has been a source of support for Ken during every significant transition in Ken’s life.

Sergeant Morris has dedicated half of his life to protecting and serving our community and country as a whole. Our prospective Sheriff is presently appointed as Sergeant and works directly under our current Sheriff, Todd A. Martin. He began his professional career by serving in the United States Marine Corps as Sergeant (MOS 3051) from 2002 until 2007.

He continued his career by graduating from the Allentown Police Academy in 2009 where he obtained his Act 120 Certification.

In 2011, he was hired by Sheriff Todd A. Martin as Deputy Sheriff. He went on to obtain the Act 2 Certification through the Pennsylvania Sheriff and Deputy Sheriff Training Program at Penn State University. In addition to this position, he became the TASER and Pepper Spray Instructor. During this time, Sergeant Morris had gained the knowledge and experience in grant funding and worked with Monroe County Commissioners on obtaining necessary equipment for the department.

In 2016, he was promoted to Deputy Sheriff/Corporal/ Field Training Officer, where he became responsible for hiring and training new deputies as well as providing ongoing training for the entire department.

After several years of service, he continued to work his way through the ranks and was promoted by Sheriff Martin to his current position as Sergeant. As Sergeant, his duties and responsibilities are an essential part of the day-to-day functioning of the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and Courthouse.

Over the years, Sergeant Ken Morris has gained an extensive knowledge in all aspects of the job. He has demonstrated the necessary leadership and decision-making skills that are crucial in order to hold the elected Office of Sheriff. Ken is committed to continue the mission of Sheriff Todd A. Martin and those who have served before him.
    and a constable is the democrat candidate https://www.facebook.com/RoganForSheriff/

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/te...dd5soRxIzbTKNk
    The retirement of long time sheriff, Todd Martin, Monroe County must choose a new sheriff for the future in 2019. With this new exciting chapter for Monroe County, Joseph Rogan and Team Rogan would appreciate your help.

Joseph Rogan, is the Democratic Party candidate for Sheriff of Monroe County. He has called Monroe County home for three decades. In that time, Joseph Rogan has graduated from Pocono Mountain Senior High. Northampton Community College, with an Associate in Applied Science for Criminal Justice. As well as graduating (cum laude) from Waldorf University, with a Bachelor of Science for Criminal Justice Administration.

The office of sheriff is an administrative position. Where Joseph Rogan’s university education in criminal justice, and business management, is an asset for the people of Monroe County.

He has worked for over seven years serving the Magisterial District Courts of Monroe County as a state constable. As well as serving warrants, landlord tenant, and civil dockets, for the district courts. As constable, Joseph Rogan, has also served subpoenas for many common pleas court cases in the commonwealth. As well as tax auction notices for the county.

Joseph Rogan has also been active in volunteering in the community over the years. Including: a delivery driver for Meals on Wheels, a Certified Storm Spotter for the National Weather Service, and as a licensed amateur radio operator trained in emergency communications.

Thank you for your interest in, Joseph Rogan for Sheriff of Monroe County.
    and efrain has since added this to his campaign page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Maderafo...=page_internal
    Family man and resident of Monroe County since 2008. I’m personally vested in the welfare and future oft his county. I’m personally vested in the welfare and future of this county. My integrity, experience, and passion to serve are among the reasons I seek your support for Monroe County Sheriff, together we can make a difference

21 years of law enforcement in the NYC Department of Corrections. Anti-terrorist/Incident command Homeland Training. Licensed Private Detective In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

As Commanding Officer of the emergency service K-9 unit, I secured a $2 million grant for drug interdiction and gang activity.

Currently working in the Monroe County Administration building as a armed officer.

My goal as Monroe County Sheriff would be to apply the same hard-work ethic, integrity, and dedicated approach that led to my K-9 unit receiving Correction Commissioners citation for exceeding department standards.

As sheriff, I would enhance safety, security, and service in the county courthouse and Annex, as well as provide specialized training for staff. I would continue to provide Sheriff Todd Martin’s ethical and professional service with integrity and respect.

Furthermore, my vision is to apply my knowledge and experience in establishing grant-funded programs for drug education in our schools and community.

Thank you for your support, together we can make a difference.
    monroe county sheriff's office has been the topic of many discussions on this forum.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Apaf...&t=ffab&ia=web
    and there was this.
    https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/01/1...-requirements/
    it will be an interesting race. it's a pretty blue county, sitting right on the border with NY/NJ.
    Last edited by fallenleader; April 21st, 2019 at 04:13 PM.

(Bucks County)

It's pretty blue alright. Its taxes make home purchasing a look elsewhere, according to friends residing there.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    It's pretty blue alright. Its taxes make home purchasing a look elsewhere, according to friends residing there.
    if the school tax were cut in half, i'm sure most people wouldn't even notice if you doubled the county, municipal and library taxes.
    they're so insignificant in comparison.

(Monroe County)

You're absolutely right about that. I'd be really well off if it wasn't for the school taxes. Hey maybe our reps will get rid of them like they promised!������

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck87 View Post
    You're absolutely right about that. I'd be really well off if it wasn't for the school taxes. Hey maybe our reps will get rid of them like they promised!������
    we all would be better off. but like many things, the majority of us [myself included] sit on the sidelines complaining instead of getting involved at the base level.

NY has already demonstrated that throwing endless streams of money at the problem does not fix it, it creates a death spiral of ever increasing costs with diminishing returns. how in this day and age any student can actually graduate highschool functionally illiterate is beyond me. (rhetorical)

a commercial that will be on local TV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12