Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Town Meeting or Campaign Event?

OK, I received, via fakebook, an invitation to attend a 'Town Hall' meeting, sponsored by some group named 'We the People'. It turns out this was a multi-legislator event but nothing but Democratic legislators were there. My House Rep is a Republican and I am in the process of discovery to see if he was or was not invited to this event. IMO, this was not a town hall meeting but rather, a campaign event. All they talked about was the $15/hr minimum wage, affordable healthcare for all and affordable college for all. I am not opposed to any of the above if they can prove it's a viable ideal. Somewhere during the course of the event I even heard that health care is a right. My Senator did not show up for this event even though she posted on fakebook that she would be there. When it came time for Q&A I was the only one with any questions and they limited me to one as others needed the chance to speak and they shut me down. So...my questions are, was this a town hall meeting or a campaign event? If these Dems crossed that line is it legal for them to do so?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Town Meeting or Campaign Event?

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    OK, I received, via fakebook, an invitation to attend a 'Town Hall' meeting, sponsored by some group named 'We the People'. It turns out this was a multi-legislator event but nothing but Democratic legislators were there. My House Rep is a Republican and I am in the process of discovery to see if he was or was not invited to this event. IMO, this was not a town hall meeting but rather, a campaign event. All they talked about was the $15/hr minimum wage, affordable healthcare for all and affordable college for all. I am not opposed to any of the above if they can prove it's a viable ideal. Somewhere during the course of the event I even heard that health care is a right. My Senator did not show up for this event even though she posted on fakebook that she would be there. When it came time for Q&A I was the only one with any questions and they limited me to one as others needed the chance to speak and they shut me down. So...my questions are, was this a town hall meeting or a campaign event? If these Dems crossed that line is it legal for them to do so?
    I'm unaware of any legal definition for "town hall meeting". I do know that politicians frequently use the term even if only one of them is showing up before a limited/friendly audience. I think you'll find it's most often used dishonestly, by both sides, exactly because there is no legal definition they have to adhere to.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

No shit, Sherlock. I told you what it was when you mentioned it before.

Someone from their group is posting on a forum somewhere asking if it's legal for a republican to infiltrate a town hall meeting and ask questions that do not fit the agenda.
    Haha
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No shit, Sherlock. I told you what it was when you mentioned it before.

Someone from their group is posting on a forum somewhere asking if it's legal for a republican to infiltrate a town hall meeting and ask questions that do not fit the agenda.
    Haha

You should have seen the other 'people', talk about a bunch of non productive special interest idiots. I had to shower again when I got home to wash the cooties off.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Anyone can say anything is a Town Hall meeting. There is no legal definition that I'm aware of.

It was used by politicians but has been usurped by others.

If these Dems crossed that line is it legal for them to do so?

Craps can do anything they like, just ask em.