Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Issue with Holosun 503GU - Anyone else?

Has anyone had any issues with Holosun optics? My 503GU's ring is disappearing when I adjust the brightness but the dot is staying the same. It did this when I first got it but went away for about 6 months and now it's doing it again. I've changed batteries so that's not the issue. Funny how the $45 green dot sights I have on my 500 and 590 are going strong after over a year of constant use but I can't say the same for this despite it being four times the cost.

Default Re: Issue with Holosun 503GU - Anyone else?

Nope I have at least 3 Holosun optics now, two of which are the 65 MOA dot/2 MOA dot combo which I always leave on and never have had an issue.

If you had a problem from the start then you received a bad unit and probably should have had it replaced then. I would still call and see if it can be replaced or repaired now.

They have an excellent reputation on their own line and produce several others lines like Primary Arms, and all the SIG red dots which seem to get stellar reviews, many at almost twice the price for the same features with a SIG name on the side.

As far as cheap dots some work really well and others of the same brand don’t. I had to order 4 units of the highest rated Amazon red dot sights for my sons .22lr AR before I received one that would fully work. All high rated on Amazon and by trust worthy Youtubers.

The 1st had a mount that would not fit any standard pic rail, the 2nd didn’t work at all, and the 3rd only worked on brightness settings 1-5 and the 4th is really good so far but It would never be a trusted HD option regardless of how long it works for.

I had one other that cracked badly after he knocked the rifle on the ground from table height and it completely died. He’s 7 so that’s going to happen and I can’t argue the build quality of a $29.00 optic so that’s on me. However I know even the cheapest Holosun’s could withstand that and much more.

Even Aim point and Trijicon have a warranty and repair dpt for a reason.
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 11th, 2019 at 02:44 PM.

(Wyoming County)

Like Hodgie said: get that sucker repaired/replaced under warranty. I think the electronic portion of the warranty is only good for a year IIRC. I sent one in and they were very good about sending me another
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Beaver County)

In retrospect, yes I should have gotten it repaired months ago but I didn't want to have to take it off, send it away for who knows how long and not have a sight on my rifle in the meantime. That and it had been working perfectly for months. Glad to know that this is not normal for them though. Hopefully it comes back fast and if not, I could just put the flip up magpul sights back on the rifle.

Any further issues with the optic was thinking about trying it out for my next Glock build.