Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: PICS denial question

Got my LTCF in the mail yesterday. So I’m good then. Looks like I answered the question properly. Well, at least I know what to do from now on!👍

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    Got my LTCF in the mail yesterday. So I’m good then. Looks like I answered the question properly. Well, at least I know what to do from now on!��
    Good job, now carry on.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Got my LTCF in the mail yesterday. So I’m good then. Looks like I answered the question properly. Well, at least I know what to do from now on!👍
    Well done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Hello, new user here and first post. I experienced a pics “research hold “ possible denial today. I have never had the happen before and have bought several guns going through this process multiple times over the last 8 years now. I’m concerned as to the status of this and I’m not sure what to do until it gets a full deny. To bring everyone up to speed, I’m 28, and no criminal record. I have been a PA resident my entire life. I have a concealed carry card in my county. Do these things “just happen” or did I get blackballed for something I’m not even aware of? For what it’s worth, I was trying to buy a hunting shotgun.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Diver45 View Post
    Hello, new user here and first post. I experienced a pics “research hold “ possible denial today. I have never had the happen before and have bought several guns going through this process multiple times over the last 8 years now. I’m concerned as to the status of this and I’m not sure what to do until it gets a full deny. To bring everyone up to speed, I’m 28, and no criminal record. I have been a PA resident my entire life. I have a concealed carry card in my county. Do these things “just happen” or did I get blackballed for something I’m not even aware of? For what it’s worth, I was trying to buy a hunting shotgun.
    -
    Welcome to the PAFOA.

Phil Kline is a highly recommended attorney and a PAFOA moderator.
    I suggest that you contact Phil and see what he has to say about your situation.

Attorney Phil Kline email here: gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Attorney Phil Kline private message here: http://forum.pafoa.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1125

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-

-
    We need every gun owner to help protect our gun rights by voting pro gun in every election every year.

Please make sure you are registered to vote here: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/P...plication.aspx
    Pro gun voter guides are posted in PAFOA before every election here: http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Please also join the NRA, GOA, and FOAC to protect your Second Amendment right to own a gun.

Join National Rifle Association (NRA) here: https://home.nra.org/
    Join Gun Owners of America (GOA) here: https://gunowners.org/
    Join Firearms Owners Against Crime (FOAC) here: https://foac-pac.org/
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lehigh County)

In other words, your saying that you didn’t get denied, you just got put into research. You also have your LTCF. I wouldn’t get too freaked out just yet, PICS might be looking at something that doesn’t look right on their end, and they are putting a hold to verify something. It could be that your info is similar to someone who is banned and they are double checking your info. The folks on this forum are great and legit, listen to their advice closely. Without their insight I’d have never gotten my rights back. I owe them big time!

Rob

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Diver45 View Post
    It happens, not often but it happens. There could be a few reasons for it, like someone with a similar name being a problem but nobody has ever gotten a real reason for it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

I'm wondering....in that call to PICS, is the social security number given if optionally provided?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It happens, not often but it happens. There could be a few reasons for it, like someone with a similar name being a problem but nobody has ever gotten a real reason for it.
    Seems that a similar name is the stopper. At that point, it is assumed the rest of the descriptors (such as date of birth) could be false until proven otherwise (even though the driver's license was the original determiner).

A delay of a person who has a history of having passed PICS might be indication that there is no record and they are operating within the law.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

I really appreciate you guys with your insights because there really isn’t a forum like this that’s PA gun rights focused in my opinion. Granted the way PA handled my situation seemed a little unfair given that my LEO background after the fact. Had I’d been in most other states that aren’t NICS POC I’d have been fine. I not prohibited federally, just PA sticking their nose where the sun don’t shine lol.
    LEO is a JOB. Handling LEO differently than Plumber would be unfair. Some things prohibit in Pa that don’t in other states. Once you get prohibited in Pa, your prohibited federally also. But you know, got to enforce the laws. Life ain’t fair but I’m happy it worked out for you.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast