Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: PICS denial question

Yes. Made sure it was clearly legible. I’m almost positive that they are missing the disposition on the forgery arrest. I remember years ago it was blank when I pulled it up on the NCIC computer when I was a LEO. The state declined the charge and I have a copy clearly stating that from the court clerks office. And from earlier posts on my thread it’s that most likely what flagged PICS. The irony for me is that I had an easier time vetting for a LEO job in the state I got in trouble in. In PA you apparently are donating your kidney just to be able to carry or buy a gun. It’s just nuts. I literally was cleared to attend (and halfway thru already) ACT 235 training. Which is run by the same state police that’s giving me grief. This isn’t rocket science.

(Bucks County)

Common sense would tell me there is a person who is responsible for any and all parts of the PSP organization, who is in a position to correct the interaction. One would hope a state rep would have his/her ear.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    In PA you apparently are donating your kidney just to be able to carry or buy a gun.
    Only for when getting denied.. Otherwise, the approval process is a breeze, especially the electronic checks. Almost instant.

IANAL, but..
    The Governmental departments of PA move slowly and they tend to be overwhelmed with cases, which means for someone to investigate your issue it will take time, and a lot of it. Now, like most govermental things, if you yell and scream and bring it to their attention a lot and often, they tend to move quicker on it just to shut you up. With that said, it greatly helps them out by also doing your own due diligence and prepare all the paperwork and documentation for them.

Much like how people wish cops would catch the drug lords down the street that cause noise etc etc, the cops don't know about it or won't do anything about it until people complain.
    Cyber-Security, Physical Security, Personal Protection. All as important as the others.

(Lehigh County)

Very true. I mailed the challenge form to PSP back on Saturday via certified mail. Checked the tracking number and it got delivered bright and early Monday morning. I should probably hear back from PSP probably sometime next week more than likely. I wonder if they’ll call me to follow up. All they should have to do is call the court clerks office in OK and they should be able to verify what I stated. In any event I hope to hear back from them in a week or so. I will post an update when I do. Just frustrating with all these hoops I’m doing..😆

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    Very true. I mailed the challenge form to PSP back on Saturday via certified mail. Checked the tracking number and it got delivered bright and early Monday morning. I should probably hear back from PSP probably sometime next week more than likely. I wonder if they’ll call me to follow up. All they should have to do is call the court clerks office in OK and they should be able to verify what I stated. In any event I hope to hear back from them in a week or so. I will post an update when I do. Just frustrating with all these hoops I’m doing..��
    I think you have high expectations of our civil servants. You're guilty until you prove yourself otherwise.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

I hear ya. But let’s not forget that they work for us. I still pay my taxes so I should hold them to the standard. And let’s not forget that I too used to be one of them. I know what they’re capable of. And while the burden of proof is on me, it’s not beyond their job to pick up a phone and do their job. Remember I still hold the approval letter from the commissioner of the PSP certifying that I’m certifiable to carry firearms under ACT 235. So, if I was prohibited I shouldn’t have gotten that in the first place. The background check (which was done literally a month ago) was gone over multiple times as I went back and forth with the Lethal Weapons Unit on the info that they requested. So, we shall see.

I cannot believe you have not been banned by now, the prima donnas here should have had you burned at the stake by now.
    You are not allowed any mistakes in your past, just ask them......

(Lehigh County)

LOL!! Don’t ya know criminals make the best cops?😆 and actually it really did. Seeing stuff from both perspectives actually enhanced my skills when I was on the beat. It’s the prima donnas that will screw up one day on something major, not the little stuff that I got in trouble for. Ya live and ya learn.

(Bucks County)

We had a recruit attending the police academy. To save his own skin on a minor scrape with the law, a male disclosed the recruit was part of a NJ gang was a plant to set up jobs over here. Investigation found he had allegedly stolen a registration plate used in a bank robbery, and the car he was driving was a car that he had acquired from one of the bank robbers. Immediately that was discovered, the car disappeared.

The last thing he said when the chief fired him was, "You're making a big mistake. I know lot of people and street shit. I would have been a great cop!"
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lehigh County)

Well.... mistake number one for that guy was being a gang member. All I did was make a mistake that anyone could’ve made. But I got put into a cell with those types you were describing. Seeing it from their perspective was a real eye opener. So much so that I realized that kind of life wasn’t what I wanted. Much rather put the bad guys there than being one. All I was referencing was going from being locked up to being the one locking them up. When I went to interview with the department all of my stuff was there to see. But none of it prohibited me from carrying number one and secondly even becoming a police officer in the same state roughly 3 or so years after my incident. So, from a cops perspective I feel that I’ve proven my worth. It’s just strange that PA will look me over for ACT 120 and 235 and say ok but to go buy a weapon I’m some sort of pariah and deny at the same time. And I thought Oklahoma’s process was hard and assbackwards. PA makes OK seem like my best friend! 😂

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast