Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: PICS denial question

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I cannot believe you have not been banned by now, the prima donnas here should have had you burned at the stake by now.
    You are not allowed any mistakes in your past, just ask them......
    Unlike you he didn't go jackass when questioned. Normally I just all over this shit but for once I think I'm going to wait it out. I could see this happening. But if he is bullshitting then whoa game on.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lehigh County)

Are you referring to me?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    Are you referring to me?
    About not going dumb when we questioned your story? Then yes.

People come on here and the first post is about how they got denied but it shouldn't matter. When a few good questions are asked they get defensive and then it comes the 5x7 color glossy of the father rapers and the real butt hurt starts and the ban hammer.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    Are you referring to me?
    fingers80002 was the jackass, you're good.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Oh. No worries. Frankly if the role was reversed I’d be skeptical too. I rather get honest answers and the forum seemed like a truthful place to look. So trying to misrepresent my situation would defeat the purpose so I laid it all out there. I realize that nobody knows me from adam out here but I’m more than willing to answer anything anyone asks on here. I’m here to share my experience and see if others had the problem too. Anyway😆

(Adams County)

I know that once you get your clearance and complete your purchase of the gun you'll probably feel a sense of relief and want to get on with life. However, I have a tendency to say some possibly obvious things just so I know that I've said them. You suspect that this problem has come about because of the failure of somebody in the government to "fill in the blank" and show that charges alleging forgery were officially dismissed/not prosecuted. As probably most of us are not once and done gun purchasers, I can see this problem coming up again and again. For your own interests, push a little bit and find out who has the responsibility for correcting that record once and for all, and take it up the food chain and keep after them until they do. It may be a pain in the neck, but who has more incentive to get this problem resolved, you or some bureaucrat?

(Lehigh County)

Quite right. I already know who to start with, which would be the court clerks office. They are supposed to pass it along to either the OK Highway Patrol or the OSBI. Then either OHP or OSBI should correct it with the feds. As far as getting an expungement, I don’t have a couple of grand to drop on a lawyer to do that so it would probably be easier to make sure the disposition shows up properly. And a lot cheaper. Honestly when I went a week and half ago to buy my gun little did I know what a process this was. Last time I bought a glock was back in 2000. A simple NICS check and it cleared with the same info that was on the record. So I figured that the process would’ve gone as before. Looks like PA wants clarification. Just another hoop to clear I suppose. 😏

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    fingers80002 was the jackass, you're good.
    Wrong, I am an ASSHOLE, get it right.....

(Bucks County)

Looks like PA wants clarification. Just another hoop to clear I suppose.
    Does PSP communicate the why of denials?? (Sorry, I'm not clear on this)
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lehigh County)

Not unless I challenge the denial. You can challenge for the reason alone I thought but most people who 100% believe it’s an error just go for them to either further investigate and find that said person is indeed not prohibited or they find that if fact they are. At least from what I’ve read on other threads on here. In my case, I’m pretty sure why it was denied. From what I’ve heard from other threads and someone in my thread back on my first page of my question. If PICS gets a whiff of anything possibly prohibitive they will deny based on that alone. That being the case, the burden mostly falls on me to clarify with them the facts I have. Given that PSP got my challenge letter back on Monday, I should be hearing back from them sometime this week. I will update my thread when I get a response from them.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast