Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: PICS denial question

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    and we still get bad lawyers who can't parse a statute properly.
    We have politicians and judges who can't parse a bad statute properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    I’m friends with an attorney locally. I’ll run it by him first, (no offense Phil). I’m also going to reach out to my state representative too. As far as them trying to come after me for a “false” gun application, it’s called probable cause. Given my background and info I’d like to see them try. Considering that again, I’m still act235 certified. With firearms. By the PSP. And the qualifications and background had to pass the same standards set by law and statue through the same PSP. The qualifiers to carry or own or buy firearms are mandated by PA Statute as well as the qualifiers for ACT 235. They are one and the same. One department isn’t talking to another from what I’m seeing. I appreciate what everyone has shared so far from the attorneys on here as well as others. I will keep you all advised on this as I hear.

I just want to say that- I have owned firearms and Concealed Carry Permits in other states.
    When I came to PA, I was "Undetermined" For a gun purchased, and denied a LTCF.

After research, research, and more research, I decided to Contact Gun Lawyer (Phil, I'm sure you will figure out who I am, look at the name. Give me a call and I can explain the whole situation LOL!)
    Gun Lawyer ran me through a process, and gave me a letter that I was able to send in with my Challenge form. Not very long after, a guy from PSP Firearms division called, asked a few questions, and within 2 weeks, sent 2 reversal letters. The mix up was more or less, they were not able to get records from the court system in the other state, among other things I wasn't even tied to.

Either way, everything turned around really fast and it was no big issue. If YOU feel YOU are legally allowed, then call Phil and let him make it happen. You do have a timeline to get things done, and after that's up, you're definitely in the ring.
    Last edited by JG93; April 27th, 2019 at 04:11 AM.

(Lehigh County)

I’ve hired an attorney. Given the situation and talking with PICS legal counsel I petitioned the court of common pleas to have my firearms rights restored. Should be a open and shut case as I already fit the qualifiers to get that ruling. Easier and much less costlier than to expunge in OK and also not debate legal semantics with the PSP.

(Berks County)

I’ve hired an attorney. Given the situation and talking with PICS legal counsel I petitioned the court of common pleas to have my firearms rights restored. Should be a open and shut case as I already fit the qualifiers to get that ruling. Easier and much less costlier than to expunge in OK and also not debate legal semantics with the PSP.
    Sounds good, thanks for the update, this information is good to know.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

I really appreciate you guys with your insights because there really isn’t a forum like this that’s PA gun rights focused in my opinion. Granted the way PA handled my situation seemed a little unfair given that my LEO background after the fact. Had I’d been in most other states that aren’t NICS POC I’d have been fine. I not prohibited federally, just PA sticking their nose where the sun don’t shine lol.

(Lehigh County)

Had my court date on Friday. The court should be mailing out the firearm restoration order probably within the month or so. When I do I’ll have a copy in the event that PICS hasn’t updated their system and I should be able to finally pick up my Glock. Thank you guys for looking out and educating me on the gun laws here in PA.

(Montgomery County)

Had my court date on Friday. The court should be mailing out the firearm restoration order probably within the month or so. When I do I’ll have a copy in the event that PICS hasn’t updated their system and I should be able to finally pick up my Glock. Thank you guys for looking out and educating me on the gun laws here in PA.
    Glad to hear it all worked out for you.
    Please post when you complete the process so others with similar issues can see the whole picture when seeking information.
    Best of luck to you, and well done.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Congratulations, it must feel like a load has been taken off your shoulders. However, you should really celebrate with an H&K.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Nice, congrats! Unfortunately, as I just learned from a friend who was released from state prison after his conviction was vacated by a federal judge on appeal, the PSP don't move too quickly in rectifying their records. Just be ready with your letter.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lehigh County)

Got the court order emailed to me today. Not surprised that the PSP doesn’t move too quickly about it. Going to call PICS today and see if they’ve gotten it. If they haven’t, should I take the order with me when I go to purchase?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast