I’ve been reading over tons of posts on here about PICS denials, and I wanted to share one that I experienced. And frankly, not one of the posts on here had the same situation as I did. So, to give you the background. I went to a gun store in Easton, where I plan to purchase a glock 17 for a duty weapon as I work as armored car guard. I filled out the paperwork and it ended up in research. About a week goes by and the store told me it was denied. I was shocked as I’ve never had that happen before. Oh, more about me I am a former LEO in Oklahoma and I know for a fact I’m not a prohibited person. Several years before I got into police work I had my run ins with the law, and have a misdemeanor conviction for breaking and entering( long story short I was drunk and walked into someone else’s apartment. In OK that’s up to a year in jail and $500 fine. And I also had a arrest for forgery (ex tried to pass off a stolen check and I wasn’t involved) and the state declined the charges. That said, I ended up as a cop in the same state I had trouble in. Last time I purchased a gun was 15 years ago in OK, and was delayed 3 days and was eventually approved. Fast forward 15 years and I live in PA now. I’ve passed every background check as I’ve worked in security for almost 13 years. I’ve passed the check thru my employer. I applied (and was approved) for ACT 235. In fact I’m in the middle of the course as I write this. So my question is this: How can I have been approved for the 235 (which I passed both the PSP and FBI fingerprint checks) and PICS denied me? PICS is run by the PSP and the approval for the course came from them in the first place. Is one hand for the PSP not talking to the other? At any rate, I sent the challenge form in and I’m waiting to hear from them. I know I’m venting but I don’t understand how they can’t connect the dots. I’ve worked at two police departments in OK and they didn’t have an issue. I’ve passed multiple BK checks and have never had a problem. Thoughts?