Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: PICS denial question

Not in Lehigh county. Filled out the form brought it to the SO at the courthouse in Allentown. Paid the 20 bucks and they took my picture and told me that I’d get it a week or two.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    Not in Lehigh county. Filled out the form brought it to the SO at the courthouse in Allentown. Paid the 20 bucks and they took my picture and told me that I’d get it a week or two.
    If I was you I'd give him a call and check on its status. After 60 days I went to my Sheriff, who then told me I had been denied, too late for PSP's 30 days to appeal.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

The PICS denial was for the firearm purchase so I figure until I get a response from PSP about it, which it should be overturned as I wouldn’t have even been approved for the 235 in the first place. Which I have. I then should have a letter to take to the sheriff and have them reapprove me for the LTCF. But I will look into calling down the S.O. either way.

(Berks County)

The PICS denial was for the firearm purchase so I figure until I get a response from PSP about it, which it should be overturned as I wouldn’t have even been approved for the 235 in the first place. Which I have. I then should have a letter to take to the sheriff and have them reapprove me for the LTCF. But I will look into calling down the S.O. either way.
    I wouldn't mention anything extra to the Sheriff, just, "Hi, I'm calling to check on my LTCF".

(Lehigh County)

Oh, I intend to be clueless lol. Although my guess is that they use PICS just like the PSP does. But I’ve also read on here about people who go into one store, get denied and then a week later go into a different store and it gets approved. Which begs the question on the investigative ability of the PICS operators lol.

(Lehigh County)

It’s just bizarre that I passed the background check through PSP and the FBI which they obviously did a in depth check to even be able to be certified ACT 235, yet when I go to purchase a firearm I get denied. So let me get this straight.... I am certifiable to carry a firearm for work in PA but I can’t buy one?!?! How ludicrous is that lol! As a former cop who knows I’m not prohibited (my background check has always been the same) it’s just crazy that the PICS folks don’t have a record of my 235 clearance. Especially as I had just been cleared and a approval letter to go to class. Sheesh! Lol!

(Berks County)

It’s just bizarre that I passed the background check through PSP and the FBI which they obviously did a in depth check to even be able to be certified ACT 235, yet when I go to purchase a firearm I get denied. So let me get this straight.... I am certifiable to carry a firearm for work in PA but I can’t buy one?!?! How ludicrous is that lol! As a former cop who knows I’m not prohibited (my background check has always been the same) it’s just crazy that the PICS folks don’t have a record of my 235 clearance. Especially as I had just been cleared and a approval letter to go to class. Sheesh! Lol!
    As I stated above, a glitch in the system, it happened to me...and my Sheriff.

(Lehigh County)

I know. And I figured as such. It’s just frustrating that it’s another hoop to jump through. Especially when the same agency approves it. I’m not sure if the challenge unit is in the same building as the lethal weapons unit but it begs the question as to the competency of the PICS operator to even check. My guess is that aren’t going to do due diligence unless you hold them to it apparently.

(Lehigh County)

LOL. Just got the denial for the LTCF in the mail from the sheriff. Denied for undisclosed reasons. Gave me another challenge form. But since I already have a PICS challenge in progress doesn’t make much sense to send another one in. Right?

(Lehigh County)

Almost 100% certain now that the forgery arrest doesn’t have a final disposition. Pretty sure that’s the issue here. Will someone from the PSP call me to follow up on this issue? I’m sure all it will take is a phone call to the court clerks office to verify that the charges were declined.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast