Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: PICS denial question

Make copies and always have one with you when you go in for transfer, they are slow to update their database. You may need to carry one with you when doing transfer for quite awhile. I have a customer who had a situation like yours.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lehigh County)

Have been liaisoning with the PICS legal administrator. She called me back yesterday and informed me that the database has been updated with the court order and that it’s all cleared for me to purchase.at my convenience. Thanks to everyone here for all the information and looking out for my legal rights and liability. I learned a lot about the quirkiness of PA firearms law, how it applies to me, and can’t thank you all enough for the help.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    Have been liaisoning with the PICS legal administrator. She called me back yesterday and informed me that the database has been updated with the court order and that it’s all cleared for me to purchase.at my convenience. Thanks to everyone here for all the information and looking out for my legal rights and liability. I learned a lot about the quirkiness of PA firearms law, how it applies to me, and can’t thank you all enough for the help.
    WINNING!
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Congratulations, that must feel good.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Well done, congratulations.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lehigh County)

Ain’t that the truth! It is immeasurably relieving. Thank god for the forum and you all, because without your insight, I’d have been in trouble and wouldn’t have even known that I’d have been criminally liable till it was too late. So in a very real sense, I owe you guys big time. Hopefully my experience here will help others with a similar situation a beacon of light to the end of the tunnel. I will definitely stay active on here to back you all up when newcomers come in with these kind of cases.

Again, thank you all so very much!

Rob

(Lehigh County)

Real quick question on the LTCF. Do I still answer yes to the question about prohibiting offenses under 6105? I would say yes cuz I had to petition for the gun right restoral. Just making sure because I don’t want to go through this again lol!

(Montgomery County)

Real quick question on the LTCF. Do I still answer yes to the question about prohibiting offenses under 6105? I would say yes cuz I had to petition for the gun right restoral. Just making sure because I don’t want to go through this again lol!
    You should ask your lawyer how he wants you to fill out the forms.
    He's involved, knows the specifics, he would be the one to ask.
    No sense in guessing at this point.

(Lehigh County)

I did. He said that the question didn’t really have a right or wrong answer. He said to say no, but to reference the court order for my firearm right restoral. But my gut said to say yes, because looking into the paperwork and correspondence between the PSP and the Judge on my case I saw that they (PSP)said the B+E charge from OK was enumerated under PA law, regardless of what the actual charge was in Oklahoma. I felt that I answered truthfully because I also gave a copy of the court order to the Sheriffs office to go with my application, showing that my firearms rights are restored. I felt that by saying yes in my case I’d be safe because I didn’t want to go through potentially “ lying on a form” which would have put me back in the hot seat again. I just wanted piece of mind to make sure I answered correctly on the form. Maybe Phil has a opinion perhaps? Since my firearm disability had been relieved, I thought that yes, the charge was enumerated, but that the disability was overturned by the appeal and subsequent court order. I asked the sheriffs office about what to say, and showed them the court order, but was told that they couldn’t tell me to either put yes or no, since that would be “ giving legal advice.” Surely someone on here could answer that one. Lol!

(Montgomery County)

I did. He said that the question didn’t really have a right or wrong answer. He said to say no, but to reference the court order for my firearm right restoral. But my gut said to say yes, because looking into the paperwork and correspondence between the PSP and the Judge on my case I saw that they (PSP)said the B+E charge from OK was enumerated under PA law, regardless of what the actual charge was in Oklahoma. I felt that I answered truthfully because I also gave a copy of the court order to the Sheriffs office to go with my application, showing that my firearms rights are restored. I felt that by saying yes in my case I’d be safe because I didn’t want to go through potentially “ lying on a form” which would have put me back in the hot seat again. I just wanted piece of mind to make sure I answered correctly on the form. Maybe Phil has a opinion perhaps? Since my firearm disability had been relieved, I thought that yes, the charge was enumerated, but that the disability was overturned by the appeal and subsequent court order. I asked the sheriffs office about what to say, and showed them the court order, but was told that they couldn’t tell me to either put yes or no, since that would be “ giving legal advice.” Surely someone on here could answer that one. Lol!
    You can always send Phil a message and see if he has any input for you.
    It sounds like you should be good to go the way you did it, but I'm no expert.
    You can also start breaking your text blocks into smaller paragraphs so my tiny little mind has an easier time reading your stuff

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast