Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: ***2019 pre rally breakfast headcount thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Someone there has a gay look on their face...but I'm not saying who.
    i look creeped out. i wasn't, maybe i was passing gas under the noise of the crowd. [i wasn't] was probably about to cough.
    i estimate about 35-40 people. assuming about 5-8 are behind the camera because i know at least a table of 4 was blocked far left. as well as another table and several members of the round one up front of the photo.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Uh oh. Do we need a new place?

I'm curious was there any open carriers at breakfast and if so were there any issues? After seeing this Saturday morning I decided to not attend in the event this was true. I left a message at Corporate on Saturday and just received a call. Open carry is prohibited by their policy (whether it's enforced at the local level or not). When I asked if conceal carry was allowed she became real mouthy saying "if we can't see it we don't know it so nothing we can do about it right". So there it is. Just put this out there for public consumption.

(Clinton County)

There were at least half of the group open carrying I'd bet, call it 20 or so. One of the waiters even bought a PAFOA hat. Didn't have any issues there.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PGRNPA View Post
    I'm curious was there any open carriers at breakfast and if so were there any issues? After seeing this Saturday morning I decided to not attend in the event this was true. I left a message at Corporate on Saturday and just received a call. Open carry is prohibited by their policy (whether it's enforced at the local level or not). When I asked if conceal carry was allowed she became real mouthy saying "if we can't see it we don't know it so nothing we can do about it right". So there it is. Just put this out there for public consumption.
    I didn't bother counting but it looked to me like there were more OC than not. I don't understand why you backed out.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Adams County)

Many (if not most) open carried, no one seemed to notice, of if they did notice no one cared. Great turnout, and many thanks to our Breakfast Benefactor!
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

(Lycoming County)

I was carrying a 1911 open. I'm pretty sure it was noticable.

Probably better than half were open carrying from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Good idea. They were great. A waiter even bought a hat!
    That's amazing.

And yes, thank you again to the true gentleman for buying! The waitress hopefully got her biggest tip ever too.

And yes, I was open carrying a pretty obvious pistol myself. I've been to the last 2 breakfasts and they've been completely welcoming and friendly to us. They seem to enjoy our visit as much as we do.

They're definitely not antis at this location.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; May 7th, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I didn't bother counting but it looked to me like there were more OC than not. I don't understand why you backed out.
    Hmm. First, my lack of attendance had nothing to do with the group. Second, when their stance became known to me as a possibility, I chose to eat elsewhere. My call to their corporate office confirmed it. My issue isn't with the local restaurant but any money spent there goes back to corporate and makes them feel good about their choice. I can't possibly know the stance of every company but when I do become aware I will go elsewhere.

(Berks County)

Hmm. First, my lack of attendance had nothing to do with the group. Second, when their stance became known to me as a possibility, I chose to eat elsewhere. My call to their corporate office confirmed it. My issue isn't with the local restaurant but any money spent there goes back to corporate and makes them feel good about their choice. I can't possibly know the stance of every company but when I do become aware I will go elsewhere.
    OK, now I see.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I respect that. Not an issue at this place and their staff, which works really well for us logistically and with the size of their back dining room that they always give us...but you do have a valid point.

Who knows, maybe we could find a locally-owned breakfast place that would have us in the future.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast