Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Lycoming County)

Default Traveling To South Carolina for a Wedding

Hopefully the correct place to post this.

I'm traveling to South Carolina in a few weeks to attend a friend's wedding and want to travel with my carry weapon. The trip route takes me through PA, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and then South Carolina.

From the NRA website, I see that Virginia and North Carolina honor my LTCF, but South Carolina does not. South Carolina also does not appear to honor any non-residence permits, so non-resident permits are out of the option for SC. From my limited knowledge, I believe that traveling through Maryland, as I do not plan to stop, is legal to keep my firearm on me, but I am not sure how South Carolina handles overnight stays with firearms. The trip will be two nights in South Carolina, I do not plan to carry the firearm on me while inside the state aside from transporting from vehicle to hotel room and visa-versa.

I found this article on it, but it doesn't fully answer my question about traveling with a firearm. Does anyone have some information carrying laws for South Carolina?
    Ideally, I would like to be able to keep it loaded in my lockable glovebox, but even if I'm able to keep it in my glovebox unloaded would be acceptable.

Article: https://www.charlestonlaw.net/handgu...outh-carolina/

Edit: Added West Virginia due to forgetting I would pass through it first.
    Last edited by BlueTrooper; April 9th, 2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Cyber-Security, Physical Security, Personal Protection. All as important as the others.