Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Best way to clean out very tiny holes (threaded)?

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Now that's a good possibility and brake and carb cleaners have a mixture of different 'ones' and 'enes' in them that could do the same.
    Carb cleaner will. Brake cleaner usually is easier on paint and plastic. I use it carefully for getting greasy fingerprints out of car interiors.

BK is usually xylene, toluene, MEK and other solvents. Carb cleaner usually has acetone in it and it doesn't dry as cleanly without residue like BK. BK is pretty similar to paint prep solvent.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Carb cleaner will. Brake cleaner usually is easier on paint and plastic. I use it carefully for getting greasy fingerprints out of car interiors.

BK is usually xylene, toluene, MEK and other solvents. Carb cleaner usually has acetone in it and it doesn't dry as cleanly without residue like BK. BK is pretty similar to paint prep solvent.
    MEK is my most favorite solvent but it must be used in a well ventilated area or outdoors, preferably on a windy day. It's probably outlawed in Kalifornia.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    MEK is my most favorite solvent but it must be used in a well ventilated area or outdoors, preferably on a windy day. It's probably outlawed in Kalifornia.
    We had 5 gallon metal cans of xylene and MEK in the garage that Dad would bring home.

I cleaned the valve body on my 442's TH400 with MEK. Then I rinsed it with hot water in the shop sink in the back room of the Exxon station I worked at.

I inhaled the steam cloud and I thought I was going to die. That shit is nasty!

(Clarion County)

Seem to always have some mineral spirits around. Have used it in the past for thread cleaning and found it to work well.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    We had 5 gallon metal cans of xylene and MEK in the garage that Dad would bring home.

I inhaled the steam cloud and I thought I was going to die. That shit is nasty!

Hazmat class class taught me, anything with Methel Ethel, was Methel Ethel Death. Bad bad stuff. You were far enough away from a scene when you could coer it with your thumb nail. Than GOD that never happened.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Hazmat class class taught me, anything with Methel Ethel, was Methel Ethel Death. Bad bad stuff. You were far enough away from a scene when you could coer it with your thumb nail. Than GOD that never happened.
    Methyl Ethyl Deathyl?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123