Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: PA Senate Republicans to move ERPO (Red Flag) bill

I sent out my emails to all the Senate Committee members. I also cc'd my Rep in the General Assembly. I gave my reasons for requesting their opposition to the Bill, including links to the FOAC piece by John Lott from the Washington Times, and the Baldwin article linked by Spirit of 76 above.

I did not tell them I would do my best to see them unseated, but if this bill gets on the agenda to be voted on to the Senate floor I will do that. I figured I would start with my personal observations about the bill and my arguments against it.

Here are the email addresses that I got from the link to the PA Senate Page posted initially by Sig for life. No guarantees that they all work, it is the government after all. Here they are for you convenience if you want to cut and paste. Not all of them are below because some senators, perhaps about 5 or so, do not list an email address in this format, instead they link you to their webpage and you contact them from that. For those folks, I just cut and pasted my correspondence to them and submitted it that way.

'lbaker@pasen.gov'; 'Wlangerholc@pasen.gov'; 'jscarnati@pasen.gov'; 'smartin@pasen.gov'; 'mregan@pasen.gov'; 'farnese@pasenate.com'; 'senatorhaywood@pasenate.com'; 'Senatorsantarsiero@pasenate.com'

Is there a pre printed letter I can just use? I am not very good at report writing so I want to send a good letter to Lisa Baker and Michael Peifer
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Is there a pre printed letter I can just use? I am not very good at report writing so I want to send a good letter to Lisa Baker and Michael Peifer
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=346573&page=3 FOAC piece. It does not hit SB90 specifically but it is close enough.

There is the link from Spirit of 76 above. Again, a general statement, but close enough. Heck, at a minimum send an email to Baker, Committee Chair, opposing SB 90 from advancing out of Committee. Let her know you are a constituent and that you follow these items closely, and as your representative, you would be very disappointed if she were to move a bill with many Constitutional violations forward to the floor. That it will definitely influence your voting decisions. Best for all if this bill stays stuck in Committee, so send something to her even if it is very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=346573&page=3 FOAC piece. It does not hit SB90 specifically but it is close enough.

There is the link from Spirit of 76 above. Again, a general statement, but close enough. Heck, at a minimum send an email to Baker, Committee Chair, opposing SB 90 from advancing out of Committee. Let her know you are a constituent and that you follow these items closely, and as your representative, you would be very disappointed if she were to move a bill with many Constitutional violations forward to the floor. That it will definitely influence your voting decisions. Best for all if this bill stays stuck in Committee, so send something to her even if it is very simple.
    Rep denied. Emphasis on stopping this garbage in committee without consideration. Unconstitutional bills should not see the light of day.
    Last edited by buckengr; April 8th, 2019 at 03:06 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123