Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Are DMV buildings gun free zones?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Lookie what I saw today.

This is a brand new location that opened up beside Harbor Freight at East Town Mall. Notice the stickers? There's no way they can claim the landlord did it because none of the other stores in the mall have them, and they weren't on those doors when it was a seasonal shop. There's a OTB on the other side of HF and they don't even have stickers.
    So basically they are telling you that you can’t smoke cigars or carry Glocks?
    I have so many toys because my wife wont let me have a girlfriend.......

(Erie County)

"(there's no such thing as DMV in Pennsylvania)"

Is this a scam site?

https://www.dmv.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx

You ask a question that has the capability of opening a huge can of worms. Not that it is wrong to ask this question. Let me explain. You asked in your thread title 'Are DMV buildings gun free zones?' and there is a simple answer to this question. Yes- yes it is. They request that you do not bring firearms into that building. As to whether it is truly a GOVERNMENT facility outlined in the LAW as a place you can not carry? that is subjective. I don't want to be the guinea pig, and that is as far as I will go with this conversation. I do not want any incriminating evidence- innocent or not- to be used against anyone or myself.

Mine doesn't have metal detectors, that's all I'm saying.
    Quoted for emphasis.

As to whether PENDOT is a department of motor vehicles (DMV), I have always considered them a DMV.
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; April 7th, 2019 at 11:38 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    You ask a question that has the capability of opening a huge can of worms. Not that it is wrong to ask this question. Let me explain. You asked in your thread title 'Are DMV buildings gun free zones?' and there is a simple answer to this question. Yes- yes it is. They request that you do not bring firearms into that building. As to whether it is truly a GOVERNMENT facility outlined in the LAW as a place you can not carry? that is subjective. I don't want to be the guinea pig, and that is as far as I will go with this conversation. I do not want any incriminating evidence- innocent or not- to be used against anyone or myself.

Quoted for emphasis.

As to whether PENDOT is a department of motor vehicles (DMV), I have always considered them a DMV.
    What does that even mean?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    What does that even mean?
    I thought it was pretty clear. Basically the internet lives forever. Kind of like Cavanaugh‘s yearbook or those governor/lt governor/attorney general black face yearbooks except those 3 are democrats. Democrats get a pass.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

Guys when you encounter all this bs with signs that might carry weight and you don’t know. Keep a chain and padlock in your car. Tie the chain around a structural part of the car and pad lock the gun with the chain. Auto goes through mag well out ejection port,revolver through the frame with cylinder open. You will be very happy you started doing this because if in doubt your piece is locked up safely and you don’t have to leave it at home cause you might go to a place off limits.

I have been doing this for many years when I go to Florida.

Good luck.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear. Basically the internet lives forever. Kind of like Cavanaugh‘s yearbook or those governor/lt governor/attorney general black face yearbooks except those 3 are democrats. Democrats get a pass.
    Yes, but screw them, they are breaking state law, not me. I will walk into their building armed, EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I'll take my six registrations and go in person six different times instead of using the interweb, just to push their buttons. In fact, I've got to travel through lancaster and chester counties tomorrow, mayby I'll re-up a registration there instead. Hey Mr DMV, come and violate my civil rights, I double dog dare you!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    Guys when you encounter all this bs with signs that might carry weight and you don’t know. Keep a chain and padlock in your car. Tie the chain around a structural part of the car and pad lock the gun with the chain. Auto goes through mag well out ejection port,revolver through the frame with cylinder open. You will be very happy you started doing this because if in doubt your piece is locked up safely and you don’t have to leave it at home cause you might go to a place off limits.

I have been doing this for many years when I go to Florida.

Good luck.
    That would require me dropping the mag and emptying the chamber in the parking lot, then reloading upon return. That's less safe than keeping in my holster.

Sure it's secure, but its not practical or safe.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

Then keep your gun at home.lol
    I freakin do it all the time in Florida never an issue.. I have a blanket or coat in the car and do it 1 2 3. No issues.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    Then keep your gun at home.lol
    I freakin do it all the time in Florida never an issue.. I have a blanket or coat in the car and do it 1 2 3. No issues.
    Or carry on and don't bow down to an illegal infringement on your rights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast