Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Question about driving thru DE and MA

Quote Originally Posted by Dllmhgc View Post
    Hi, I am going to Gatlinburg TN in May, planning on taking my CCW with me, from Philadelphia I'll be passing Delaware, Maryland, Virginia then finally Tennessee, I know I'll be fine with my LTCF when I got into VA and TN, how about driving thru DE and MA? Is it okay to lock my firearm, magazine, and ammos ALL separate in the trunk? I'm not planning to stop at DE and MA except getting gas for my car if needed.
    I think you mean MD? Mass seem kind of out of the way. Plus you stay there your boned.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

If you take I-81 to Gatlinburg, you only need to be disarmed in MD (less than 12 miles, if memory serves), and if you take any side trips to South Carolina. Your LTCF is recognized everywhere else you plan to go.

I *HIGHLY* recommend I-81...

My 2¢
    YMMV
    etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dllmhgc View Post
    Thanks for the route suggestion, as of traffic I should be fine, I'm heading out at night time so my kids can fall asleep in the car , but I wound still do i81 , I don't want any surprise while in DE and MA lol
    Even for that silly 12 miles, it is still MD. I travel FOPA compliant through that strip and stick religiously to their speed limits. Big pain in the butt, but I figure it is better than having something unexpected happen like getting in a accident, routed onto state roads because of one and encountering law enforcement. I re-arm in WV or VA and continue unimpeded the rest of the way south.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12