Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: Consolidating classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Ok, I can understand the points that you are making. However, if a member is being a pain in the ass and one doesn't wish to read what said member is stating, one can block the posts.

I'm sure some don't want to read the wiseass crap that I often post. Fine, tis easy to block me.

It cannot be done with pages of crap that no one desires. If people wanted to buy the shit it wouldn't be available forever.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You can block people's posts inside threads, but currently you cannot block their threads. If this can be changed, this is what should happen and then the flood of spam will disappear.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    You can block people's posts inside threads, but currently you cannot block their threads. If this can be changed, this is what should happen and then the flood of spam will disappear.
    Sir, yes Sir. I agree 100%.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I tossed one out there. Made me feel better. If someone wants to list junk they should at least know what it is.
    I don't disagree with you. But there is no system to just eject people after they get so many negative points.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Mods, can we get an acknowledgement that this thread, and this issue, exists. I posted it in the Support & Suggestions forum for a reason, which wasn't just to air a gripe and make myself feel better. I could have done that in the Lounge. Since I first posted, the two main offenders of our classifieds system have bumped their multiple threads multiple times. Every poster in this thread has confirmed there is an issue to be addressed, and many have suggested possible solutions. It is not just me who would like the practice of using the PAFOA classifieds section as a free flea-market for useless stuff dealt with, it is many members who contribute to this overall forum daily. I would like an acknowledgement, even if it is "STFU that's just the way it is". But that should not be your answer. It's time to require some contribution from classified sellers, and to have similar items consolidated, such as all "vintage car parts" in an ad entitled "Vintage Car Parts". Not 50 ads for each vintage car part. Same with firearms, and ammo. Also, photos required for firearms.

What is the answer??
    This isn't the first or fifth time this has been brought up and surely not the last. The threads last a few days and run it's course. And another will pop up in a few months.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    Save this link as a bookmark and use it to search for new posts. It excludes all the classifieds:

http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?do...7,8,37,132,146
    THANK YOU... this just made my week.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Wyoming County)

Save this link as a bookmark and use it to search for new posts. It excludes all the classifieds:

http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?do...7,8,37,132,146
    I almost jumped for joy & then I realized I like seeing gun related classifieds.

I tried to figure out how you modified the search but it eludes me. Any chance you can tell me how to include classifieds except for "everything else" category?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    This isn't the first or fifth time this has been brought up and surely not the last. The threads last a few days and run it's course. And another will pop up in a few months.
    I just checked my profile. I have started 123 threads in my time here. I think if a mod or administrator doesn't at least acknowledge this thread, I will bump every one of them every three days. 5 pages of Rock-it3 bumped threads at once. Will I be infracted, do you think?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    I just checked my profile. I have started 123 threads in my time here. I think if a mod or administrator doesn't at least acknowledge this thread, I will bump every one of them every three days. 5 pages of Rock-it3 bumped threads at once. Will I be infracted, do you think?
    Would not be surprised

(Lehigh County)

Not sure how it works but on the NYGF I'm a member of when you make a post in either section once it's viewed you know longer see it until it's bumped up and the process starts over unless you actually search for it.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I almost jumped for joy & then I realized I like seeing gun related classifieds.
    I tried to figure out how you modified the search but it eludes me. Any chance you can tell me how to include classifieds except for "everything else" category?

http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?do...ude=37,132,146
    I modified the above search to only exclude 'Everything Else' instead of all the classifieds.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast