Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Consolidating classifieds

Neg rep?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Neg rep?
    To what end? They will be at negative four billion and still posting VHS tapes for sale.

I'd bet these people don't even browse anything else posted other than their adds.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    To what end? They will be at negative four billion and still posting VHS tapes for sale.

I'd bet these people don't even browse anything else posted other than their adds.
    I tossed one out there. Made me feel better. If someone wants to list junk they should at least know what it is.

(Berks County)

I can't believe no one needs a clutch assembly for a 1988 Nissan pickup...

If it was a '89, I'd be on it...

Can we request a limit on classified bumps?
    Last edited by esh21167; April 10th, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

(Bucks County)

I wonder if Nancy knows we're mocking he/she/them/non binary/plant?
    free publicity to bolster sale of old magazines and sledge hammers.
    If those tapes were Beta, I'd buy the whole box.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Berks County)

I didn't neg Nancy but the other one. Tired of signing in to see 2 pages of shit " I don't know what it is but......".

Fuck them. That's my attitude. Sorry if I'm wrong. Time to start negging.

If admins disagree I'll get a time out. So be it.

(Clinton County)

It's a wonder that this thread is still allowed to stand and that there have been no infractions that I'm aware of. Although the rules state against these types of things, I however think there should be exceptions to this rule. This forum has definitely taken a softer approach to enforcement, a welcome change if that's the case. I've seen just as many threads about this exact topic as there are threads from which influenced them. At some point you have to say enough is enough though, I'd gladly block the person's flooding the forum if I could, but I can't.

And for reference,
    Screenshot_20190410-203736_Chrome.jpg
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Can we get SaraMaru and Nancy to consolidate their classifieds that they bump every three frickin days?? I am getting sick of scrolling through a page-and-a-half of nonsensical things that no one has had any interest in in several years, every three frickin days. Isn't there a rule about consolidating classifieds?

Rock-it3
    Mods, can we get an acknowledgement that this thread, and this issue, exists. I posted it in the Support & Suggestions forum for a reason, which wasn't just to air a gripe and make myself feel better. I could have done that in the Lounge. Since I first posted, the two main offenders of our classifieds system have bumped their multiple threads multiple times. Every poster in this thread has confirmed there is an issue to be addressed, and many have suggested possible solutions. It is not just me who would like the practice of using the PAFOA classifieds section as a free flea-market for useless stuff dealt with, it is many members who contribute to this overall forum daily. I would like an acknowledgement, even if it is "STFU that's just the way it is". But that should not be your answer. It's time to require some contribution from classified sellers, and to have similar items consolidated, such as all "vintage car parts" in an ad entitled "Vintage Car Parts". Not 50 ads for each vintage car part. Same with firearms, and ammo. Also, photos required for firearms.

What is the answer??
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    It's a wonder that this thread is still allowed to stand and that there have been no infractions that I'm aware of. Although the rules state against these types of things, I however think there should be exceptions to this rule. This forum has definitely taken a softer approach to enforcement, a welcome change if that's the case. I've seen just as many threads about this exact topic as there are threads from which influenced them. At some point you have to say enough is enough though, I'd gladly block the person's flooding the forum if I could, but I can't.

And for reference,
    Yeah, well the market isn't taking care of these guys. Nancy's stuff has been bumped for years. YEARS, for God's sake. There is no market for the stuff, but it stays here FOR YEARS, bumped EVERY THREE FRICKIN' DAYS. The market should have shut them down a long time ago. It is being artificially propped up. This is the Support & Suggestions forum, the place where things are supposed to be posted in order to have action taken by administration, even if the action is to tell me to shut up.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post

And for reference,
    Ok, I can understand the points that you are making. However, if a member is being a pain in the ass and one doesn't wish to read what said member is stating, one can block the posts.

I'm sure some don't want to read the wiseass crap that I often post. Fine, tis easy to block me.

It cannot be done with pages of crap that no one desires. If people wanted to buy the shit it wouldn't be available forever.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast