Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Consolidating classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Well why not? Most of those dolls are creepy anyhow.
    Idk shooting immigrant dolls sounds like something CNN would call racist lol

And shooting old creepy dolls sounds like a bad idea. You get home and they're all sitting on the couch waiting for you.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Thread Acknowledged.
    Will it be discussed among administrators/forum ownership?

Here's a suggestion so you know I am not just complaining. What about any ad can be bumped a maximum number of times, with an overall time limit. For example, 12 total bumps, minimum three days (as it is now), and a time limit of 12 months. Bump it every three days and you're done in just over a month. Bump it every 30 days, and you get a full year out of it. If it hasn't sold in a year, it probably won't. Try again elsewhere. This, or something like it, along with a consolidation of like items, would be a great improvement over the current system of false market support.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Will it be discussed among administrators/forum ownership?

Here's a suggestion so you know I am not just complaining. What about any ad can be bumped a maximum number of times, with an overall time limit. For example, 12 total bumps, minimum three days (as it is now), and a time limit of 12 months. Bump it every three days and you're done in just over a month. Bump it every 30 days, and you get a full year out of it. If it hasn't sold in a year, it probably won't. Try again elsewhere. This, or something like it, along with a consolidation of like items, would be a great improvement over the current system of false market support.
    That would be great, except who's going to keep track? There's no automated system in place to delete them in such a way. What you're suggesting is going to take a awful lot of time for someone to maintain.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Dauphin County)

That would be great, except who's going to keep track? There's no automated system in place to delete them in such a way. What you're suggesting is going to take a awful lot of time for someone to maintain.
    Does anyone watch the classifieds currently? How do we know if an ad is bumped more frequently than allowed? A simple "report post" by any member who notices an ad bumped more than 12 times, or more than a year old, would flag the post, for a mod to delete, along with an explanation to the poster. I think in short time, the situation would resolve itself, there are only a few who would be offenders under this suggested system.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Luzerne County)

I seem to remember someone was made mod of the classifieds. Maybe four or five years ago. Don't remember who it was.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Elk County)

Just my opinion, but a maximum of three (3) open ads in each Flea Market Classified sub forum would fix the issue and is not unreasonable for free adverts. But you say you have a ton of various tool / hardware items to sell? List them all in one ad titled Tools / Hardware For Sale. That gives you two more ads in Everything Else.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Luzerne County)

Here's an idea. Make it so the classifieds can be used like the rest of the forum. So members can comment there like rest of the forum. It was that way once upon a time.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Just my opinion, but a maximum of three (3) open ads in each Flea Market Classified sub forum would fix the issue and is not unreasonable for free adverts. But you say you have a ton of various tool / hardware items to sell? List them all in one ad titled Tools / Hardware For Sale. That gives you two more ads in Everything Else.

Noah
    I agree.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Noah
    Best idea thusfar.

(Lehigh County)

Noah
    As one who has used the ads, I think three might be a bit limiting and would like to see a limit of five or so, if one has to be imposed. I try to keep one ad per item with pictures and if the limit was three, and I had to combine ads, it would cut down on pictures and make it harder to ID items from the titles.

Would you rather see an ad for 'various rifles' or several ads for a 'Rem 700', a 'Savage 110', a 'Ruger 10-22'? I know I can scroll rather fast thru a listing like the latter and only have to look at those that I find of interest. It would be interesting to know if those who have a problem are using their phone or the main site when viewing? That might be a factor here.

I normally use the full site and do not have a problem scrolling past unwanted ads, no matter how many. I also have my posts per page setting raised which also helps in this.
    Last edited by gghbi; April 12th, 2019 at 09:25 AM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast