Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Car carry for PA resident with Out of state non resident permit?

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Agree, but as with many firearm laws, many LE are not up to speed.

*Since* the court ruling, I've "successfully" presented my UT CCW on occasion, and had it "recognized" as valid for my needs. Of course, I do possess a PA LTCF as well, which I would have presented if needed, but I like to push boundaries and test the knowledge of LE as much as I can. I've found that what they "know" is frequently different than the factual reality contained in statute and case law.
    Well, I have heard (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) that many LEO's really won't give a crap as long as the license is valid and the contact is not related to the firearm (shooting, waiving it around, etc).

But, there are some who will be sticklers for following the law, so be warned.

amg.jpg

I may or may not have purchased this kit for my glock 17 for legal, unloaded long gun carry in vehicle without LCTF because it is not a firearm, it is a long gun. Wouldn't do much for car defense, but would allow me to also, allegedly bring my oem glock 17 barrel along for the ride and quick release the collapsible stock off to be able to open carry the pistol (firearm) out of vehicle. Would be a royal pain, and I have not allegedly done this yet, or thought out 100% of the "logistics" of the swap, would like to gain some opinions on this before becoming a test case, which is entirely possible.
    Last edited by Jdambrose94; April 3rd, 2019 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdambrose94 View Post
    amg.jpg

I may or may not have purchased this kit for my glock 17 for legal, unloaded long gun carry in vehicle without LCTF because it is not a firearm, it is a long gun. Wouldn't do much for car defense, but would allow me to also, allegedly bring my oem glock 17 barrel along for the ride and quick release the collapsible stock off to be able to open carry the pistol (firearm) out of vehicle. Would be a royal pain, and I have not allegedly done this yet, or thought out 100% of the "logistics" of the swap, would like to gain some opinions on this before becoming a test case, which is entirely possible.
    Stupid is as stupid does.........

Never said I was doing anything. If your opinion is that it is stupid to do, I fully expected some to think so with a LCTF in their wallet. But, I know there's somebody else reading this thread that is in the same boat I am, who would like to protect themselves and their family outside of their home and made a dumb mistake making it hard to do so. For some, if it is legal, creativity is the only option.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdambrose94 View Post
    amg.jpg

How was the Glock originally purchased? As a pistol or as a long gun?
    IANAL but I would tend to think slapping something on a pistol so you can toss it in your car to get around Firearms laws might not stand up in court or with an educated LEO??

What say the more firearms law educated folks?

Not saying your are wrong or right and what you SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do.. That is entirely up to you...
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    How was the Glock originally purchased? As a pistol or as a long gun?
    IANAL but I would tend to think slapping something on a pistol so you can toss it in your car to get around Firearms laws might not stand up in court or with an educated LEO??

What say the more firearms law educated folks?

Not saying your are wrong or right and what you SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do.. That is entirely up to you...

An educated LEO should be aware that LCTF does not apply to “long guns” in PA, only firearms defined as as “any pistol or revolver with a barrel less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, any rifle with a barrel of less than 16 inches or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches.

(Indiana County)

However, if that puppy is loaded, then someone's in a world of doo-doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    However, if that puppy is loaded, then someone's in a world of doo-doo.
    It would only be a summary offense (ticket/fine) under the game code believe it or not, even so - not going to break the law.

(Dauphin County)

Anyone get the feeling that this is the same person from last week just under a different name, again?

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=346351
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Seeing how I made an account the same day I made this thread, that’s a hard no. How is this thread similar to that one? Edit- I see that gentlemen also probably had a previous drug charge, thus the similarity.
    Last edited by Jdambrose94; April 3rd, 2019 at 11:41 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast