Hello All,

Its getting closer to that magical day when I turn 18 and I am considering purchasing a .223 to have some fun with. I live in Quakertown, PA and I am looking for a range that is within a half-hour drive and offers a minimum 200+ yard rifle range. It has been a good while since I have gotten to go out and shoot because my mom isn't really into guns, so I'm just itching to get everything worked out before my birthday next month. If you know of a range that suites my needs, I would be very thankful if you shared your knowledge. I also have a little side question. Should I go with a bolt action rifle (and if so any recommended models?) or a Mini-14. I don't know why but the Mini just gets me going and makes it a lot more fun to go out plinking or even some serious target shooting. The only downside is that I can't hunt with it. Or is there something temporary that I could do to the Mini to make it OK to hunt for small game with? I don't currently hunt but am looking to get into it eventually. My cousin said he would take me for some whitetail but I don't have a license or a safe hunters course certificate and all of the classes around me seem to be filled up right now. So maybe next year. Thanks for taking the time to try and help a young shooter out.

Bobby