Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Delco Wawa shooting, ar-15 suspected

There is also a complete failure by Liberal Democrats to understand that criminally violent people are still violent when they are "prohibited" from owning a gun.

Criminally violent people that are "known to authorities" are routinely left on the street, and they frequently commit more violence and murder with whatever tools available.
    A violent murderous criminal does not care if his tool is legal or not, since if he cared about legality he would not be performing criminal violence and murder.
    Leaving criminally violent people on the street is the problem, not whatever tool they may have legal or illegal access to.

Gun restrictions and arbitrary gun prohibitions do not make victims safer, they just make criminally violent people use whatever tools are available to commit violent murder.
    Knives, clubs, stones, feet, and bare hands have been used to murder people for thousands of years, and they are still used today.

Arbitrary disarmament always results in defenseless victims being terrorized and murdered by criminally violent people.
    Then you end up with stories like the one below.
    ----

https://freebeacon.com/issues/new-je...or-gun-permit/

New Jersey Woman Stabbed to Death by Ex While Waiting for Gun Permit
    By: Stephen Gutowski
    June 5, 2015

A New Jersey woman was murdered by her ex-boyfriend on Wednesday as she waited for approval from the state to buy a handgun. In addition to obtaining a restraining order against her ex, Michael Eitel, and installing security cameras in her home, Carol Bowne had applied for a permit to purchase a handgun on April 21.

Police told the (New Jersey) Courier-Post that she had inquired about the application as recently as Monday. "We did not get the fingerprint information yet," Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check told the paper.

Unlike most states, New Jersey's restrictive gun laws require a permit to purchase a handgun. The permit process can take several months to complete. Bowne's murder has left her friends and neighbors in shock. "She did absolutely everything she was supposed to," her coworker Denise Lovallo told the paper. "Do they have enough now to get him?"

"She cared about everybody who walked through that door, and every client was her friend," Linda O'Hara, who owned the salon Bowne worked at the past 20 years, told the Courier-Post. "She was invited to every wedding, every baby shower, everything."

Eitel remains at large.
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    There is also a complete failure by Liberal Democrats to understand that criminally violent people are still violent when they are "prohibited" from owning a gun.

Criminally violent people that are "known to authorities" are routinely left on the street, and they frequently commit more violence and murder with whatever tools available.
    A violent murderous criminal does not care if his tool is legal or not, since if he cared about legality he would not be performing criminal violence and murder.
    Leaving criminally violent people on the street is the problem, not whatever tool they may have legal or illegal access to.

Gun restrictions and arbitrary gun prohibitions do not make victims safer, they just make criminally violent people use whatever tools are available to commit violent murder.
    Knives, clubs, stones, feet, and bare hands have been used to murder people for thousands of years, and they are still used today.

Arbitrary disarmament always results in defenseless victims being terrorized and murdered by criminally violent people.
    Then you end up with stories like the one below.
    ----

https://freebeacon.com/issues/new-je...or-gun-permit/

New Jersey Woman Stabbed to Death by Ex While Waiting for Gun Permit
    By: Stephen Gutowski
    June 5, 2015

A New Jersey woman was murdered by her ex-boyfriend on Wednesday as she waited for approval from the state to buy a handgun. In addition to obtaining a restraining order against her ex, Michael Eitel, and installing security cameras in her home, Carol Bowne had applied for a permit to purchase a handgun on April 21.

Police told the (New Jersey) Courier-Post that she had inquired about the application as recently as Monday. "We did not get the fingerprint information yet," Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check told the paper.

Unlike most states, New Jersey's restrictive gun laws require a permit to purchase a handgun. The permit process can take several months to complete. Bowne's murder has left her friends and neighbors in shock. "She did absolutely everything she was supposed to," her coworker Denise Lovallo told the paper. "Do they have enough now to get him?"

"She cared about everybody who walked through that door, and every client was her friend," Linda O'Hara, who owned the salon Bowne worked at the past 20 years, told the Courier-Post. "She was invited to every wedding, every baby shower, everything."

Eitel remains at large.
    -
    Well said.

(Venango County)

I also believe in the smallest government possible. I find all the talk of government failing the individual as somewhat appalling for our site (IMHO). I am curious as to what, if any, preparation the victim did to protect themselves. One can get an emergency LTCF in PA, if necessary. Then, there are alternative weapons and training on situational awareness (SA) & defense.

This, of course, doesn't guarantee survival; but it does go a long way to improving one's odds much more effectively.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

In this whole process my question has been; If this guy was so dangerous why was she meeting him at a WAWA in Radnor Twp. to turn over her child?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Jury found POS found guilty. Good and no surprise. What's unfortunate is the scumbag Soros-funded DELCO DA felt the need to say, "...He brought a weapon of war, came in and killed his ex-wife' referring to the fact the POS used an AR.

https://6abc.com/brian-kennedy-guilt...lled/12740221/
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Jury found POS found guilty. Good and no surprise. What's unfortunate is the scumbag Soros-funded DELCO DA felt the need to say, "...He brought a weapon of war, came in and killed his ex-wife' referring to the fact the POS used an AR.

https://6abc.com/brian-kennedy-guilt...lled/12740221/
    Weapon of war

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Weapon of war
    yeah .. the one the govt. keeps waging on our rights

(Delaware County)

So I was thinking...obviously, I don't approve of gunning down your ex in a Wawa or anywhere else, and I don't now anything about this victim or the particulars of their domestic demise, but what if she was a raging bitch hell-bent on destroying him? What if she was doing everything she could to ruin this guy's life? What if she was accusing him of sexually abusing their children (again, don't know if they even had children) and getting PFAs on false assertions of physical abuse and was making up lies to his boss to get him fired from his job and gaslighting him on social media was going taking his house and everything he owned and worked for? What then, to do?

We're told #metoo and women must be believed which of course, is complete bs, but a good liar can make for a compelling victim. The courts favor women by default too, so I'm just saying, you can't do what this guy did and maybe in this case it was a simple matter of "if I can't have her no one can," but what's if it's the first scenario? What would you do?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    So I was thinking...obviously, I don't approve of gunning down your ex in a Wawa or anywhere else, and I don't now anything about this victim or the particulars of their domestic demise, but what if she was a raging bitch hell-bent on destroying him? What if she was doing everything she could to ruin this guy's life? What if she was accusing him of sexually abusing their children (again, don't know if they even had children) and getting PFAs on false assertions of physical abuse and was making up lies to his boss to get him fired from his job and gaslighting him on social media was going taking his house and everything he owned and worked for? What then, to do?

We're told #metoo and women must be believed which of course, is complete bs, but a good liar can make for a compelling victim. The courts favor women by default too, so I'm just saying, you can't do what this guy did and maybe in this case it was a simple matter of "if I can't have her no one can," but what's if it's the first scenario? What would you do?
    I still wouldn't kill her, but I would either do two things. Make her life as miserable as possible,
    or just move on.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    yeah .. the one the govt. keeps waging on our rights
    Nevermind that any weapon is a weapon of war by nature of being a weapon.

And that anything can be a weapon…

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast